40th Anniversary Predictions Discussion

klecser

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, TrippyHippy said:

For the 40th Anniversary, could Chaosium please bring about an alignment in the stars that could see Cthulhu finally rise and consume everything?

T’would be spectacular. 😎

It would wreck their profit though... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

During the Chaosium "Impromptu 2" gathering on Discord, almost a month ago on the 27th of March, Rick Meints mentioned something about a Kickstarter, starting this April, for the reprint of the CoC 2nd edition boxed set. Unless the stars are not quite right yet, this should probably be coming very soon.

That alone is a fine way to celebrate the 40th Anniversary, although I'm sure there will be more to come!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MandilarasM said:

During the Chaosium "Impromptu 2" gathering on Discord, almost a month ago on the 27th of March, Rick Meints mentioned something about a Kickstarter, starting this April, for the reprint of the CoC 2nd edition boxed set. Unless the stars are not quite right yet, this should probably be coming very soon.

That alone is a fine way to celebrate the 40th Anniversary, although I'm sure there will be more to come!

Damn you, Chaosium. Damn you. 😜 

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2021 at 9:58 PM, klecser said:

I think the layout of the main rulebook is among the least attractive layouts of any product available for 7E

Am I the the only one who disagrees? I love it! Not every single illustration maybe, but in total, it's the best, barring maybe the classic 5e. And the font size is just perfect.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 11:26 AM, MandilarasM said:

2nd edition? The boxed rules set? Why on earth would you want to reprint that when there is so much other great stuff out there.  &e CoC has such a great layout and artwork that makes it one of its selling points to play. Why not reprint Spawn of Azathoth or something.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 7:46 AM, Yrvi said:

Am I the the only one who disagrees? I love it! Not every single illustration maybe, but in total, it's the best, barring maybe the classic 5e. And the font size is just perfect.

I quite like the look and feel of the Keeper's Book, especially the 2 pages pictures at the start of each chapters. On the flip side, some illustrations are not great. The Investigator's Handbook, has a similar style but doesn't look as good. It's too yellow for my taste.

That being said, I find the new layout, template and color palette (like in Pulp Cthulhu or Masks of Nyarlathotep or Malleus Monstrorum, etc) much nicer and easier on the eyes.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sgtscott658 said:

Why not reprint Spawn of Azathoth or something.

I'm pretty sure this is happening and it is in line. My understanding is that Chaosium has a tradition of reprinting "core"-style products for anniversaries.

21 hours ago, sgtscott658 said:

Why not reprint Spawn of Azathoth or something.

Hopefully not just a reprint. I'd like to see it expanded like MoN. I can totally visualize my book shelves with the following slipcases side by side: Call of Cthulhu, Masks of Nyarlathotep, Spawn of Azatoth and Shadows of Yog-Sothoth.

Glorious!

(not that I am asking or expecting it for the 40th anniversary)

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

Hopefully not just a reprint. I'd like to see it expanded like MoN. 

Yes, this. An important clarification! Big difference between a reprint and a 7E conversation with updated layout, art, etc...

• Like 1