30% OFF SALE AT CHAOSIUM

wbcreighton

Hungry for Savings?

In the fall of 1846, eighty-seven members of the Donner Party were forced to make a camp near Truckee Lake (now Donner Lake) when the passes over the Sierra-Nevada mountains filled with snow. Having already endured many hardships crossing the deserts the majority of the settlers were unable to continue. They dug in as best they could and waited for a break in the weather, or rescue.

The first rescue party reached the main encampment in April of 1847. Of the 87 pioneers who entered the mountains that fall, only 48 survived. How they survived has become a thing of legend.

To celebrate the eventual rescue of the Donner party and the Feast of St. George (we assume no connection between these events...) Chaosium.com will be holding our annual sale. Save 30% on Chaosium books, monographs, and over 100 PDFs beginning April 23rd through May 1st, 2010. While everyone may not like cannibals, they are quite fond of everyone else!

Just what I have been waiting for since before Christmas ! Hello monographs !

I use  fantasygrounds.com

Dustin gave me my Rubble and Ruin money as store credit and I went crazy!!!!

Abbey (CHA0303)

BRP Quick-Start edition (CHA2021)

BRP Rome (ALG001)

BRP Witchcraft (CHA0386)

Cthulhu Dark Ages (CHA2398)

Cthulhu Invictus (CHA23115)

Dragon Lines (CB75801)

Fractured Hopes (CHA0384)

Frontier Cthulhu (CHA6041)

Legacies of the Renaissance (CHA0318)

Modern Equipment Catalog (CHA0385)

Pastores (CHA0313)

Dragon Lords of Melniboné (CHA2017)

This Old Haunted House (CHA0361)

Secrets of Los Angeles (CHA23111)

Secrets of the Congo (CHA0387)

Extrico Tabula (CHA0354)

Yeah me!!

Well I've got 12 of the 17 but I want the pdfs of R&R and Dragon Lines. ( Not as interested in the CoC ) Just waiting for them to show up on the site.

So do you get to write off the purchases as a writers expense. You know, building your library ? ( or do you have to declare them as income :( )

Spent this month's gaming budget on:

BRP Rome (ALG001)

Modern Equipment Catalog (CHA0385)

PDF of the BIG GOLD BOOK

Considering the monster compendium thingie for CoC (I won't already have all the monsters in it as the only CoC book I have now is the 6th edn core book - the last time I had a good collection of CoC stuff was when I last played it…back in 1986:))

Well maybe someone who has the pdf should comment on it because there is a review of the pdf on drivethrurpg.com that says the pdf for download at that site is very poor quality.
Which pdf?

I just bought: Trollslayer, Light without Shadow, Outpost 19, and Veni Vidi Vici

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

Considering the monster compendium thingie for CoC (I won't already have all the monsters in it as the only CoC book I have now is the 6th edn core book - the last time I had a good collection of CoC stuff was when I last played it…back in 1986:))

Sorry, that wasn't a very clear reply. This is the item I think we are talking about:

Malleus Monstrorum - 23102

here is a link to the review I mentioned:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_reviews_info.php?&reviews_id=17626&products_id=56405

Well maybe someone who has the pdf should comment on it because there is a review of the pdf on drivethrurpg.com that says the pdf for download at that site is very poor quality.

The PDF on drivethrurpg is of bad quality. They scanned a copy of the physical book. Chaosium's version of the PDF was made from the digital files so it's of higher quality.

The PDF on drivethrurpg is of bad quality. They scanned a copy of the physical book. Chaosium's version of the PDF was made from the digital files so it's of higher quality.

You would think that they would be the same file. Why wouldn't Chaosium give them the file to use ? Seems strange to me.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by wbcreighton

You would think that they would be the same file. Why wouldn't Chaosium give them the file to use ? Seems strange to me.

Thanks for the info.

Before Chaosium ever started doing PDFs on their own site, they gave some books to drivethru to scan and put online. I guess nobody's bothered to give drivethru the updated PDFs. That's also why you'll see PDFs on drivethru that you don't see on Chaosium.com.

Man, someone should drop a line and ask them to get drivethru a fresh pdf. It's their freaking flagship book next to CoC.

Anyway, I'm excited about my order. I put it through as the sale was ending. I was on limited funds, so I had to keep it short.

I finally bought Miskatonic University. I'd been looking at that for years now. I picked up Rubble and Ruin, because I need some good old fashion apocalypse right now (and I'm really interested in seeing how the subsystems turned out). Dragon Lines is there as it fills a gap not addressed sincce Land of Ninja. And finally Witchcraft, *singing* Wicked witchcraft, and although I know it's strictly taboo... *singing*

Not much to add. Just looking forward to some good reading.

70/420

I grabbed the Ravenar Saga for Cthulhu Dark Ages. Been after it for a while and was keen to do some Viking madness...

Marcus

Stormbringer! - Exploring the worlds of the Eternal Champion at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com

Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org

DCtRPG.info - Supporting Dark Conspiracy across the decades - http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.com

• 2 months later...

I declare this thread temporarily resurrected.

Just curious if anyone knows how often sales happen. I missed the annual sale this year and have a number of books I'm wanting to snag.

I "think" they usually have a Halloween sale as it ties in nicely with Call of Cthulhu. At least they have in the past, but don't know 100% that they will this year.

I'm hoping as well as I was between jobs during the last one, but now that I'm working again I'm chomping at the bit to order some monographs.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

I "think" they usually have a Halloween sale as it ties in nicely with Call of Cthulhu. At least they have in the past, but don't know 100% that they will this year.

I'm hoping as well as I was between jobs during the last one, but now that I'm working again I'm chomping at the bit to order some monographs.

Rod

Now that you mention it, I definitely remember an October sale. I sat out of the last one on purpose because I thought money was going to be tight over the summer. That assessment was fortunately incorrect, but I missed out on the sale by thinking responsibly, so I need to make up for it the next time there's a sale. October seems like a long way off right now...

121/420