Colymar Royal Family Tree

Soccercalle

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Lemme see. Here's a genealogy of the Ernaldoring leaders, which includes our two pregens (Vasana and Yanioth), Beneva Chan, Kallai Rockbuster, Erenava Chan, Blackmoor and more.

Ernaldoring Geneology.jpeg

Thanks. In the GM screen you find both Korlmhy and Kangharl. Nice with the pre-gens

• Helpful 1

This is the original version of the Taraling royal genealogy that appeared in the GM Pack. Kangharl appears here as a Lunar hostage. There is deliberate and intentional uncertainty whether Korlmhy and Kangharl are the same person or two different people. But you can see how interwoven these royal families are. In the 43 years between 1582 and the present, we have only about two years where the tribal Rex is from outside this kinship group (although it shared between two clans). 

Royal Genealogies.jpg

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

A question. King of Sartar speaks om someone called Jostharl Dangmagsson of the Arnoring clan who becomes king of the Colymar in 1625 and rules until 1635. He is succeeded by his son Dangmet in 1635. But Leika is by most other sources king during the Battle of the Queens in 1626 and (according to other sources) lives until 1638.

Could they be King and Queen of the Colymar at the same time? Political marriage and all that... Dangmet could be then his son from other marriage, as I do not expect Orlanthi appreciate infant kings and regencies, but he could co-rule with his mother-in-law a few years. 

Just fitting the pieces to see what comes out.

6 hours ago, Soccercalle said:

A question. King of Sartar speaks om someone called Jostharl Dangmagsson of the Arnoring clan who becomes king of the Colymar in 1625 and rules until 1635. He is succeeded by his son Dangmet in 1635. But Leika is by most other sources king during the Battle of the Queens in 1626 and (according to other sources) lives until 1638.

As @metcalph said

Kos 1ed, page 210: or KoS 2ed, page 180, Amstalli’s Book:

Jostharl Dangmagsson, Arnoring Clan, 1525-1535; was killed fighting against the Lunars.

Not sure what version of the text you're using

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

19 hours ago, JRE said:

Could they be King and Queen of the Colymar at the same time? Political marriage and all that... Dangmet could be then his son from other marriage, as I do not expect Orlanthi appreciate infant kings and regencies, but he could co-rule with his mother-in-law a few years. 

Just fitting the pieces to see what comes out.

Sartar tribes doesn't work like that. Leika is a king even if she is a woman and the chief priest for Orlanth Rex. The "queen" of the Colymar is the Ernalda High Priestess Ereneva Chan. 

I know they do not work like that. I was just trying to reconcile contradictory evidences without throwing any of them out of the window. As it is true an orlanth - orlanth marriage would not be good from a fertility perspective, how about their clans sharing the kingship, alternating or some other division of responsibilities? Depending on your allegiances and preferences, one would be the king and the other just part of the ring.

How you handle it when you have two Orlanth Rex (as heads of their clans) in the tribe ring? High priest is reserved in Sartar to Sartar's bloodline. So you have two Rex in the same ring, and both could be priests of Orlanth Rex. Deciding seniority could be deferred to avoid splitting the tribe in such a critical moment in time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JRE said:

I know they do not work like that. I was just trying to reconcile contradictory evidences without throwing any of them out of the window.

What contradictory evidence is there?  Leika and Jostharl lived a century apart!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, metcalph said:

What contradictory evidence is there?  Leika and Jostharl lived a century apart!

Soccercalle cited problematic (contradictory) dates for Jostharl from KoS.
It remains to be seen if that was simply an error of theirs, or a faithful reporting of an erroneous (typographic error) in some edition of KoS...

C'es ne pas un .sig

35 minutes ago, g33k said:

SC said the dates conflicted, was corrected on this and acknowledged the correction. 

JRE is persisting with the conflicting dates despite the correct dates being pointed out at least twice in this thread.

You shouldn't be making creative explanations for something that didn't exist in the first place. 

45 minutes ago, g33k said:

It remains to be seen if that was simply an error of theirs, or a faithful reporting of an erroneous (typographic error) in some edition of KoS...

Peter is right. There is only one reference to Jostharl Dangmagsson:

Jostharl Dangmagsson, Arnoring Clan, 1525‑1535; who was killed fighting against the Lunars.

And that a full century before the default setting.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, metcalph said:

SC said the dates conflicted, was corrected on this and acknowledged the correction. 

I haven't seen that acknowledgment; so far as I can see, @Soccercalle's claim stands (albeit contradicted by other readers).

Has he edited a post, possibly removing such?  Or was something mod-removed, or hidden?

I'm perfectly willing for this to have been simple human error in Soccercalle's original claim (or an erroneous edition), but AFAIK this discrepancy (between Soccercalle & others) hasn't actually been resolved.

C'es ne pas un .sig

44 minutes ago, g33k said:

I haven't seen that acknowledgment; so far as I can see, @Soccercalle's claim stands (albeit contradicted by other readers).

He made a reaction to my first post.  Unless you have anything meaningful to say (instead of needlessly prolonging this tedious misunderstanding), I'm done here.