Sun Wheel Ruin

Erol of Backford

On 11/7/2023 at 12:23 AM, Joerg said:

Is Pinchining still entirely a mortal soul after having accepted (and reacted to) Urrrgh's worship?

Nothing recovered back to true life from the underworld (other than via reincarnation) is truly a mortal afterwards, is always a bit something else (maybe a kaelith). 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Was looking for more on the Gold Wheel Dancers (Golden Fintalen) and came across a document written by Florencia-Sillinhalia (Eric Rowe 1994) to her children.

https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/HenkDaily/v941110p1

The post states that Mr. Rowe intended to write another draft after RQ Con 02 and so I was hoping to see it if it’s posted anywhere if someone knows?

It’s also noted that the document will be given to her (Florencia-Sillinhalia’s) children after she takes her final form…

Another interesting item is that the dragonewts collapsed the great stairwell, losing their own lives in the process. No longer would the Elder Giants bear their own children to the center of the earth.

Does anyone know where this great stairwell was? Could it have been in Hell Crack? I assume it was somewhere in the Eastern Rockwoods, Hell Crack is east of there but when I read further it maybe where the Homeward Ocean drains to the underworld?

The letter states that the Gold Wheel Dancers built the Cradles at Boat House (Ruins) which is interesting but as there were not many of the Dancers, I like to think dwarves assisted them, thought this was mentioned before somewhere?

It goes on to state that even though the dwarves tunnel through the elder giants it's not an issue as they are both of the earth. Might I assume the Easter Rockwoods is Gianthome? (not related)

I like that a PC is a descendant of Golden Fintalen and as such has a strong affinity towards giants due to past relegations?

This document is a scroll written in fire speech as that is what Gold Wheel Dancers would use to write letters to their children? What other language might the Fintalen scroll be written if any?

Just curious, would Gold Wheel Dancers have a relation with Lodril or would it be just elemental fire as they are fire spirits themselves?

Maybe the PC’s find Florencia’s scroll when they sneak into the Laraval Library in Bagnot or is it somewhere under the Sun Wheel Ruins?

This sounds far fetched but possibly the PC’s quest to Snake Pipe Hollow for Isidilian (RQ Adventures 05) and he recognizes the PC as possibly a descendant of Florencia by looks (you look familiar) or more likely by spirit? Could Isidilian have known Fintalen from a visit to Boat House before it became a ruin? Did he or his charges help with the construction of cradles and does Isidilian suggest the PC investigate Sun Wheel Ruins to try and find something to link them to their heritage? Who knows possibly there is a connection to Boat House Ruins, a fresco in the depths of the Sun Wheel Ruins and through that connection the PC has a future relation to cradle construction, dwarves and giant babies!?

Lastly can anyone think of Gold Wheel Dancer-Dwarf relations near the Dawn besides maybe both helping to build Giant cradles and simple trade?

image.png.2e8f1f20b7d16b8ac51dc0671ebf8f4b.png

image.png.8f8c5043b70c55f2002635ff808204b2.png

9 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

The post states that Mr. Rowe intended to write another draft after RQ Con 02 and so I was hoping to see it if it’s posted anywhere if someone knows?

It would have to be in the Digest if he did.

This document is a scroll written in fire speech as that is what Gold Wheel Dancers would use to write letters to their children?

The Gold Wheel Dancers would have spoken Firespeech. Anything "written" probably would be etched into gold foil.

Just curious, would Gold Wheel Dancers have a relation with Lodril or would it be just elemental fire as they are fire spirits themselves?

None specifically more so than other Fire cults. Lokarnos is the most obvious connection.

Lastly can anyone think of Gold Wheel Dancer-Dwarf relations near the Dawn besides maybe both helping to build Giant cradles and simple trade?

In the Broken Council LARP there was generally hostility/suspicion between Gold Wheel Dancers who used transformative powers to benefit others and dwarfs who wanted to permanently transform the Gold Wheel Dancers into non-transformative tools (i.e. once a hammer always a hammer).

• Helpful 1

On 6/1/2024 at 7:24 PM, jajagappa said:

Anything "written" probably would be etched into gold foil.

A nice touch, maybe they are like the golden goose in a way and anything the quill will be gold leafed.

Lokarnos is the most obvious connection.

but didn't Lokarnos selfishly force the free willed fire spirits into gold coins or something like that. I'd assume they distain Lokarnos for keep the Gold Wheel Dancers as "caged pets" of sorts?

dwarfs who wanted to permanently transform the Gold Wheel Dancers into non-transformative tools

I don't agree with this notion as how would "Isidilian the Wise" (sure he's wise having lived 100's of years) not have seen the usefulness of his Gold Wheel Dancer being able to change shapes/form as needed rather than staying as say, a hammer? YGWV...

11 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

not have seen the usefulness of his Gold Wheel Dancer being able to change shapes/form as needed rather than staying as say, a hammer?

Mostal is the god of Stasis, not Movement/Change. The Gold Wheel Dancers are embodiments of Movement/Change. There's an inherent conflict based on their core Runes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Mostal is the god of Stasis, not Movement/Change.

No doubt but Isidilian might be smarter than "hey you, always be a nammer" likely he'd say "hey you be a hammer until I tell you to be something else" he is so old he may have learned to love his pet, maybe friend that is a Sun Wheel Dancer and not wish to have turned them into an inanimate object plus being a fire spirit the Dancer likely is still helping with tasks in the workshop when Isidilain is tinkering with something.

For what its worth, Isidilian might actually have missed the unity council so much that he has a remade one with members somewhat confined to his quarters, which is quite expansive in Dwarf Mine... another thread...