Atlas of the Young Kingdoms

Scout

You can get used copies on Amazon. I don't think anyone has the licence for Elric anymore so it's not in print

Just noticed the price.. expensive... I initially read $16.70.. but its $167.. and €220 in Germany 

Not really an option

Edited by Nozbat

3 hours ago, Scout said:

Yep, the print option isn't an option. I was more hoping for a legal pdf. I'm a bit surprised there isn't one in this digital age. 

Since the book was published by Chaosium, and Chaosium doesn´t have the linence to publish anything for Elric/Stormbringer any more since 2006 or so: 

No, there are no legal PDFs for Chaosium Elric/Stormbringer publications anymore. 

Edited by AndreJarosch
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, AndreJarosch said:

Since the book was published by Chaosium, and Chaosium doesn´t have the linence to publish anything for Elric/Stormbringer an more since 2006 or so: 

No, there are no legal PDFs for Chaosium Elric/Stormbringer publications anymore. 

Ok thank you 

13 hours ago, Scout said:

... I'm a bit surprised there isn't one in this digital age. 

Because it's a licensed IP, the issue isn't necessarily technical; the issue is respecting Michael Moorcock's IP & associated licensing.  Chaosium has AFAIK always been quite scrupulous about such things.

I believe the French publisher "Le Département" has all RPG-rights to the Eternal Champion.  Their Mourneblade RPG has been out for some time.

There was some speculation that perhaps the English-language license might have still been available, but there has been a KS to bring Mourneblade into English, so I presume all RPG licensing is (understandably) a package-deal.

I would not expect competing RPG-lines to be simultaneously available, except under exceptional circumtances.

C'es ne pas un .sig

18 hours ago, Scout said:

Yep, the print option isn't an option. I was more hoping for a legal pdf. I'm a bit surprised there isn't one in this digital age. 

That's the problem with licensed material. When the license ends so do the rights to reprint previous material. The are quite a few RPGs based on popular liscenes that have virtually vanished from existence due to the license running out. 

Your best bet to find a copy, at a reasonable price, is to check with physical stores that sell used RPG books. If your lucky you could find a copy for under $20. Some places will even check for you, and even ship it to you, if you give them a call. But, it's pretty much luck. 

BTW, is there anything in particular you want from the book, or just the book in general? The reason why I ask is because I have it and could look something specific up for you if you need it. 

• Thanks 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Unfortunately the license is sitting with Le Département and their plans for the IP in English are unknown. 

Some licenses allow for sales of older material (even when done by other publishers), such as when Chaosium transferred the license to Mongoose, and when Modiphius picked up the Conan license. 

I have no information about Le Département's plans, but I highly doubt they include reprinting or making available old Chaosium or Mongoose Elric-based games. 

• Helpful 1

Mongoose Games published some books covering the Young Kingdoms setting that may be available second hand from places like Amazon. But they are for a different rule set that would need a bit of conversion to the Elric!/Stormbringer fifth edition system. 

"Foolish is the king who does not have a personal wizard, and lamentable is the ruler who trusts the wrong mage"

On 6/25/2023 at 10:34 AM, Nozbat said:

You can get used copies on Amazon. I don't think anyone has the licence for Elric anymore so it's not in print

Just noticed the price.. expensive... I initially read $16.70.. but its $167.. and €220 in Germany 

Not really an option

Wow! Pretty happy of having bought the book back then.

I didn't buy it.. but have the Mongoose and Chaosium versions of Stormbringer which has some of the stuff @Scout was looking for

As @Stoatbringer said the Mongoose versions are probably most useful.. and from memory possibly the Campaign setting one would be most useful 

Just checked...on Amazon the early stuff on Elric is going for £100.. !!

• Like 1