Ogre Trolls

Erol of Backford

Saw this write up by聽Roderick Robertson in Rule 1 Issue 3 p.29.

The Cult of Berak-tal, made me think of Ogre Trolls...

Trolls eat their kin, mostly Troll-kin but how doesn't that lead to being an Ogre? Are trolls so anti-chaos that that just can't happen?

Funny was the attached illustration which makes me think Goya is haunting me?

image.png.541a62dd68ea4e40cccfddb41eb46d3c.png

3 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Trolls eat their kin, mostly Troll-kin but how doesn't that lead to being an Ogre? ...

Because it's natural for Trolls, and unnatural for humans?
Note that Aldryami *LOVE* some good mulch & humus-filled loam.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, Erol of Backford said:

Do we have sources for trolls tainted with chaos? Just curious...

Cave Trolls and Sea Trolls.

Both were changed by Pocharngo and neither became chaotic by eating kin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy.聽

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here.聽

1 hour ago, Erol of Backford said:

Do we have sources for trolls tainted with chaos? Just curious...

It seems possible that the Curse of Kin has tainted all of Trolldom...
That any/all born out of that curse (not just the poor trollkin) are, to one degree or another, touched by Chaos.

• Helpful 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

15 hours ago, g33k said:

It seems possible that the Curse of Kin has tainted all of Trolldom...
That any/all born out of that curse (not just the poor trollkin) are, to one degree or another, touched by Chaos.

But is the trollkin curse really chaotic ? That's what Uz say. Are they right ?

At the Battle of Night and Day, Kyger Litor ate Nysalor and was destroyed by him, she "disintegrated abrubptly, spilling all her component uz across the field like a bag of insects that has been gashed ...", according to the History of Heortling People.

Was the Mother of Uz tainted by chaos or tainted by... light - powerful, brilliant, shining light ? What could be worst for a Darkness divinity ?

1 hour ago, Cassius said:

But is the trollkin curse really chaotic ? That's what Uz say. Are they right ?

At the Battle of Night and Day, Kyger Litor ate Nysalor and was destroyed by him, she "disintegrated abrubptly, spilling all her component uz across the field like a bag of insects that has been gashed ...", according to the History of Heortling People.

Was the Mother of Uz tainted by chaos or tainted by... light - powerful, brilliant, shining light ? What could be worst for a Darkness divinity ?

If Kyger Litor was suddenly illuminated, that would certainly explain the confusion. Trollkin might be because some days illuminated Kyger Litor can't be bothered to do her job right. I guess that doesn't really answer the question of whether illumination is chaotic.聽

6 hours ago, Cassius said:

37 minutes ago, Cassius said:

Was she illuminated or burnt and wounded by pure light ?

YGWV !

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 hours ago, Cassius said:

Was she illuminated or burnt and wounded by pure light ?

Both? And what happened to trolls who hung out with Arkat? Humans who hung out with Arkat tended to become illuminated. Were Arkat鈥檚 friends also injured by his illumination?

One would assume that all his friends were also illuminated after a time. I suspect if any happened to be cave trolls (maybe one had a high INT) they'd no longer detect as chaotic being illuminated?

Say one of these Arkat friends troll or not was hit with a chaotic feature during the battles against Nysalor and they were illuminated, the feature taint make would not make them detectable as chaotic because of the illumination?

IIRC, in the Red Cow material some children are born as Ogres? They are killed if discovered or am I remembering incorrectly?

Why do trolls not kill the cave trolls who detect as chaotic, especially the Zorak Zorani?

13 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

IIRC, in the Red Cow material some children are born as Ogres? They are killed if discovered or am I remembering incorrectly?

Correct. Their initiation quests get derailed into following Cacodemon. It's a bloodline taint.

You would think ogres would put in even more of an effort to do this kind of thing, introducing their seed into bloodlines.

Edited by Akh么rahil

15 hours ago, Manunancy said:

With suitable magics (and often even without) eating troublesome problems is a farily common trollish way to get rid of them. I have vague memories of inclduing even iron and some chaos. So unlike our world, in Glorantha, feeding the troll can solve problems 馃檪

The party of my PCs include a trollkin. Feeding him chaotic stuff is their go-to way of getting rid of it.

• Helpful 1