Space 1889

wbcreighton

Always thought it would make a great setting for BRP. For those interested in PDFs, you can get the everything bundle that includes all the rules, source books and adventures for $29.99 until July 5. I think it includes 17 pdfs.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=2551&products_id=92700&filters=0_0_0_0&manufacturers_id=2551

I useĀ  fantasygrounds.com

IIRC there are some notes somewhere by Marcus Rowland on converting Space 1889 to Cthulhu By Gaslight... Last time I ran a game in the setting I used BRP, I'd do the same again in a heart beat.

Nick

There's Cthulhu 1889 chapters in Volume One and Four of the Transaction of the Royal Martian Geographical Society.

http://www.heliograph.com/trmgs/trmgs4/cthulhu1889.shtml

BRP 31/420

Oh dang. A good way to lose $29,99. I really really want that Victorian bonanza.

I think that I can now reveal that I have a Steampunk game in the pipeline. I cannot say anything about the date or the exact system, but it will be d100 and it will have airships, armoured steam trains and other steampunk weirdness.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

I think that I can now reveal that I have a Steampunk game in the pipeline. I cannot say anything about the date or the exact system, but it will be d100 and it will have airships, armoured steam trains and other steampunk weirdness.

I get the "steam" part of the term. But where does the "punk" part come in? To me, Space 1889 was simply H.G. Wells/Jules Verne/Edgar Rice Burroughs space fantasy translated into RPG terms. All very staid and proper Victorian gentlemen (except for that loutish American chap, Carter). ;)

In contrast, "cyberpunk" has pretty consistently painted a neo-Marxist, high tech, nihilistic dystopian future. Everyone's a punk in that genre. X(;D