Glorantha and the Real World

Jeffrywith1e

Maybe Glorantha is the Thurian Age/Hyborian Age's Dreamlands. If you time-travel back and then Dream travel, your Call of Cthulhu characters can get there. Or they take the wrong turn into the caverns of the Dreamlands and come up to the other side of the flat world, Glorantha.

Edited by Kettlehelm
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Jeffrywith1e said:

Has there ever been a similar world connection like that for Glorantha connecting to our real world in all of its publication history?

In the Stafford House campaign, there was a character called Red Bird Greg permitted to join from a D&D game. He later said this was a mistake and never permitted any connection with other game worlds. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jeffrywith1e said:

I recall a Pathfinder adventure path that somehow brought PCs to the WWI Siberian Wilderness of Russia, which I found kinda cool. 

Has there ever been a similar world connection like that for Glorantha connecting to our real world in all of its publication history?

Few people have noticed that Ur-Argrath’s Saga in King of Sartar is from 1965, the year when Greg first discovered Glorantha...

• Like 3

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

7 hours ago, David Scott said:

Few people have noticed that Ur-Argrath’s Saga in King of Sartar is from 1965, the year when Greg first discovered Glorantha...

I once suggested to Greg that the Glorantha year "Now", when King of Sartar was published in Glorantha should be 1992 (the year KoS 1st edition was published). 
He liked that idea very much, and told me that he would have loved to used that idea in the publication of that book, if he had thought of that idea by that time he finished it. 

Edited by AndreJarosch
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 7:12 AM, Jeffrywith1e said:

I recall a Pathfinder adventure path that somehow brought PCs to the WWI Siberian Wilderness of Russia, which I found kinda cool. 

I find the D&D/Pathfinder "anything goes" pastiche suits such concepts better than Glorantha (which is its own flavor of weird) does.

Worth noting, here:  when Greg Stafford was asked (at a convention) what the 4th Age of Glorantha would be like, he waved outside, saying "like that."

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 12/11/2023 at 10:12 AM, Jeffrywith1e said:

"Rasputin Must Die!"  One of my favorite titles for an adventure.

I agree that there are no published adventures with such a link.  That being said, it wouldn't be much of a chore to adapt RQ3 Vikings or Land of Ninja, both of which are excellent.  (Or for Heroquest Questworlds, there is Mythic Russia).  

• Like 1