Lycanthropy Insects Broo Ogres

Besides the obvious troll-insect cult norms, has anyone messed around with insect lycanthropy or chaos insect transmutation?

Am I absentmindedly missing insect humanoids in Glorantha?

Discussing troll insects and seeing this image and an article in SIgns & Portents RPG 36 has me thinking what if you crossed bug cult spells as say a werebear, multiple arms, etc.

Throw in chaos, something weird at Sog Ruins and you could have a headhunter broo with bug divine spells or broo lycanthropes?

Sure broo are already animals or beasts, whatever but what if your typical goat broo turned into a clawed and fanged monstrosity with an impressive strength, a few divine spells to boot.

Isn't lycanthropy a chaos taint anyway? Chaos bugs and where to find them...

Thinking along the same lines, ogres that turn into werebears might be fun... stronger, meaner faster.... I didn't see it but IIRC, The Fly had some transmutation stuff as did Species.

If there are any links please share and thanks as always for the great input.

Alternate Lycanthropy Rules - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon ... image.png.0a5053b17026fcf4df9e2ac3cd6571ea.png image.png.1fdf473a09c51a1b3a334d5349e3ba06.png image.png.e1f36d451586f9e7c7ebc31725a2be4a.png image.png.16a769a9d12af09153567a53fff8076c.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erol of Backford said:

Am I absentmindedly missing insect humanoids in Glorantha?

Timinits. Guide p.503: "“Timinit” can be translated as “insect people,” and numerous types exist." (Some of them originally appeared in the RQ3 Glorantha Bestiary.) They live on Jrustela and in the Kumanku Islands between Jrustela and Fonrit.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Erol of Backford said:

Chaos bugs and where to find them...

Any Chaos nest - the Footprint, Snakepipe Hollow, Dorastor, ...

I had broo flies seeking out anything that was bleeding in Snakepipe Hollow (e.g. after my PC's blew a giant's head off with a thunderstone, swarms of broo flies came to feast on the carcass and lay their eggs in the body). Lots of opportunities for chaotic variations, or to inflict horrors on your PCs.

• Like 3

You can just use Gorakiki spells as the Transforms, they work in the same was as Hsunchen magic. I don't see any reason why some troll clans couldn't be the equivalent of insect Hsunchen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

i think lycanthropy is a bit redundant with chaos, Krjalk (including the Hellwood variant) and the Red Moon already offer hidden chaos spells. Casting a few Chaos Gift spells would be every bit as terrifying as a lycanthrope transformation. Having said that you could easily work it in as a special chaos feature, or a gift which can be obtained via some horrific ritual. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soltakss said:

You can just use Gorakiki spells as the Transforms, they work in the same was as Hsunchen magic. I don't see any reason why some troll clans couldn't be the equivalent of insect Hsunchen.

Gorakiki Trolls don't usually claim insect ancestry, unlike Hsunchen (and Orlanthi) who claim descent from totemic beasts.

Other than Cragspider (and possibly troll victims of Bagog), I am not aware of any troll-arthropod hybrids.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

7 hours ago, soltakss said:

I don't see any reason why some troll clans couldn't be the equivalent of insect Hsunchen.

7 hours ago, EricW said:

Casting a few Chaos Gift spells would be every bit as terrifying as a lycanthrope transformation.

1 hour ago, Joerg said:

Gorakiki Trolls don't usually claim insect ancestry, unlike Hsunchen (and Orlanthi) who claim descent from totemic beasts.

No matter how it works humanoid mosquito-men with 2 legs and 4 arms make for lots of Sog Ruins game fun.

Through in some chaos and anything could work... there 

Thank you Sirs for the ideas...