Annilla in electronic form

hkokko

I am 130 kilometers away from my paper library that has the troll gods. Is the cult description available in any electronic form anywhere. I should have all the books that have any cult info in eform. Which one has the longest description of Annilla... a new player in my campa9gn in Fonrit wants to play that.

Outside of RQ3 Troll Gods, RQ3 Gods of Glorantha has a short form, IIRC, and the Mythos and History has been sort of split up into several portions in the new Prosopaedia (Annilla, Croesia, Veldara, and half of Anehila and her twin brother). Selenes should be in the bestiary.

• Helpful 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Initiate requirements: must be contacted by the Cult and invited to join (a cult member must have known you for ten years).  No skill requirements.

Cannot be affected by more than one point of healing per melee round.

Teaches spirit spells for scouting and sneaking.  Has invisibility in there which is surely an error.

Priests must be 90% in three of Conceal, Devise, Hide, Sneak and Weapon Attack.  

Special Runespell: Absorption, Invisibility and Vision in Red Book of Magic.  There's also a conceal spell which seems to have one minor difference from Invisibility in the old rules but is redundant in RQG.  She also has limited common magics.

Associated cults: Jakaleel: Binding enchantment.  Red Goddess: Madness?  Artmal: Vesper (also in RBoM)

Her divination is any old bollocks being random glorantha lore.

Selenes are like Shades but have no fearshock attack.  Instead they drain 1 HP and 1 MP instead.

• Helpful 3

5 minutes ago, metcalph said:

Her divination is any old bollocks being random glorantha lore.

Superbly summarised. Also the fundamental ethos of this community. Which makes one wonder…

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Outside of RQ3 Troll Gods, RQ3 Gods of Glorantha has a short form, IIRC, and the Mythos and History has been sort of split up into several portions in the new Prosopaedia (Annilla, Croesia, Veldara, and half of Anehila and her twin brother). Selenes should be in the bestiary.

Hmm. Could not find Anehila in Prosopaedia (the current version)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2024 at 2:04 PM, metcalph said:

She also has limited common magics.

What would these be. i found my paper copy of troll cults - there were quite a few folk magic spells, do you mean these or common rune spells - if latter which ones.

6 hours ago, hkokko said:

What would these be. i found my paper copy of troll cults - there were quite a few folk magic spells, do you mean these or common rune spells - if latter which ones.

The spirit spells are: Befuddle, Co-ordination, Countermagic, Darkwall, Dispel magic, Dullblade, Extinguish, Glamour, Glue, invisibility, mindspeech, Second Sight and Slow.  Spells that have been crossed are spells that Annilla is unlikely to give in RQ:G

Her common rune spells are: Command Cult Spirit, Divination, Find Enemy, Find (substance), Mindlink, Soul Sight, Spell Teaching, Summon (species), Warding and Worship Blue Moon.

Her special rune spells are: Absorption, Command Selene, Conceal and Vision.  As said before I would replace Conceal with Invisibility.

• Helpful 1

Thank you for the insights if the elders.

now modding a bit.

In RQG there is mention of common rune spells available to almost all the cults

of these on the above are

Command Cult Spirit

Divination

Find Enemy

Soul Sight

Warding

of the common rune spells Annilla is missing the following. 

Dismiss Magic
Extension
Heal Wound
Multispell
Sanctify
Spirit Block

Not giving Heal Wound feels appropriate as not every cult should be strong healer in my view. 

Overall I would say that spells affecting other spells (dismiss magic, extension, maybe multispell also because these are assassins) could belong to Annilla's arsenal as well 

sanctify probably should be in every cult?

spirit block I am ambivalent about but perhaps to be effective sssassin you should be able to block spirits of the target.

Mythos and otherwise what does the tribe think. 

5 hours ago, metcalph said:

The spirit spells are: Befuddle, Co-ordination, Countermagic, Darkwall, Dispel magic, Dullblade, Extinguish, Glamour, Glue, invisibility, mindspeech, Second Sight and Slow.  Spells that have been crossed are spells that Annilla is unlikely to give in RQ:G

Her common rune spells are: Command Cult Spirit, Divination, Find Enemy, Find (substance), Mindlink, Soul Sight, Spell Teaching, Summon (species), Warding and Worship Blue Moon.

Her special rune spells are: Absorption, Command Selene, Conceal and Vision.  As said before I would replace Conceal with Invisibility.

What is the reasoning why neither mindx spell should not belong to Annilla nowadays. Just trying to get my version of Annilla 'right' for our table and write small notes for the player on this.

14 minutes ago, hkokko said:

Overall I would say that spells affecting other spells (dismiss magic, extension, maybe multispell also because these are assassins) could belong to Annilla's arsenal as well 

Annilla is a broken goddess.  There's probably a logical reason for the spell she teaches but anybody who knew was done in by her assassins.

sanctify probably should be in every cult?

Lanbril, Eurmal and the Bloody Tusk don't have Sanctify.

spirit block I am ambivalent about but perhaps to be effective sssassin you should be able to block spirits of the target.

Considering how close the Assassins can get to their victims, defending spirits will probably be as effective in protection as the Secret Service is these days.

5 minutes ago, hkokko said:

What is the reasoning why neither mindx spell should not belong to Annilla nowadays. Just trying to get my version of Annilla 'right' for our table and write small notes for the player on this.

Mindlink and Mindspeech spells are not magics in RQ:G.  There is a sorcerous Speak to Mind but Annilla isn't sorcerous.

Just now, metcalph said:

Mindlink and Mindspeech spells are not magics in RQ:G.  There is a sorcerous Speak to Mind but Annilla isn't sorcerous.

Thanks, makes sense. I am not so deep into RQG rules (even though I have all the official material).  Will use also your previous feedback. Very very useful even when I am not using RQG rules 

• Like 1

In the Gen Con cults preview (2019), Annilla has:

• Spirit magic spells: Befuddle, Coordination, Countermagic, Darkwall, Dispel Magic, Dullblade, Extinguish, Glamour, Glue, Second Sight, Slow.
  • Common Rune magic: Command Cult Spirit, Divination (special use), Find Enemy, Find (Substance), Soul Sight, and Warding.
  • Special Rune magic: Absorption, Dismiss Selene (all sizes), Invisibility, Summon Selene (all sizes), Vision.
  • No enchantments (gets Binding Enchantment. from Jakaleel)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

16 hours ago, hkokko said:

Because of link between Moon & Magic, I'm rather inclined to give most Moonish deities the magics related to magic, so I agree with these.

• Helpful 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 months later...