RQ6 - Now Pre-Ordering

lawrence.whitaker

Others have beaten me to the announcement, but here it is anyway.

RQ6 is now available to pre-order via our partners at Moon Design - Welcome to Moon Design | Moon Design Publications.

We hope you enjoy it!

Man! I was super excited for about 2 minutes until I saw the price. 62 dollars! That's a lot of money for a rpg. How many pages is it?

I love pdf's but using them to create characters and look up rules on the spot is a pain in the neck.

Maybe I'm just not up to date on the rpg scene but 62 dollars! Man! I'm bummed.

My 2 cents,

Michael

Man! I was super excited for about 2 minutes until I saw the price. 62 dollars! That's a lot of money for a rpg. How many pages is it?

I love pdf's but using them to create characters and look up rules on the spot is a pain in the neck.

If you take a moment to look at the Moon Design site you'd see that there's an pre-order offer of getting both for only $50. The book is 456 pages long and the pdf is comprehensively hyperlinked (even the index) so looking things up should be simple. :)

My 2 cents,

Michael

On a cost per page ratio, we actually offer a very good deal. As Pete says, we have a pre-order offer that makes that deal even better...

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

My 2 cents,

Michael

Mine was $60.00 not $62.00. The price is reasonable considering that you are getting the printed hardbound book and the PDF. As a comparison, the Pathfinder Core Rulebook costs $49.99 and the PDF is an additional $9.99 (and that system is shit) so the price of RQ6 is competitive.

Hehehe, RQ6 is #2 on Drivethru, #1 small press. Gonna catch up with Legend pretty soon!

It's now #1 on Drivethru! And Legend is #2!

When was the last time that *any* d100 games have dominated the sales charts like this?

It's awesome to see one of my favorite games getting some real love at last! Hopefully a few newcomers will try out one system or the other and decide that they like the d100 system. My hope is that people who don't know much about the system will be sucked in by Legend because of the low price point and then "graduate" to RQ 6 when they are ready for it. The long publication history of Runequest is a bit of a double-edged sword amongst gamers - those who enjoy= the older editions know what to expect, but many younger gamers have only heard of RQ by (distorted) reputation only. Because Legend comes with no baggage, it can serve as a "gateway drug" to induct newcomers into the RQ system. But after a while, I'm hoping that the *quality* of RQ 6 will win at least some of these newcomers over. And the cool thing is that we can then point people in the direction of BRP when they want to move beyond the fantasy genre!

We have an real opportunity to increase the size of the d100 family in a way that hasn't happened for more than a decade - let's avoid "edition wars" as much as possible and focus on welcoming new gamers into the community. All of the percentile systems are "rules light" in comparison to modern iterations of D&D (including Pathfinder), so its worth emphasizing that there is a high degree of cross-compatibility between them. Sure, if you're a publisher you need to be aware of the fact that Legend is released under the OGL while RQ 6 uses the RuneQuest Gateway license....but if you're an ordinary gamer, there's absolutely no reason that you can't use the dinosaurs from Monsters of Legend in your RQ 6 game or the RQ 6 mysticism rules in your Legend game.

D100 is the future. B-)

We can hope so!

This is the first time that the D100 system has been so well supported for almost twenty years - multiple publishers are producing cool stuff right now and this is reflected in the reappearance of RQ and its derivatives in the sales charts after a looooooong absence.

I've also noticed that there's a real hunger out there right now for a fully-featured fantasy game that does the swords & sorcery genre well and is less crunch-heavy than the various D&D derivatives.

Maybe this time around the stars are right!

• 2 months later...