BRP Preorder Hardcopy Arrived today

Fergo113

G'day everyone,

Just a quick one to let you know that my pre order of the hard copy of the BRP rulebook arrived today by priority mail :eek:. I am in Australia so looks like over the next few days pre orders will be arriving in the mail.

Happy days! :thumb:

Fergo113

Whoaaa:shocked:

I just posted this in another thread:

Here's an excerpt from a blog by Dustin dated yesterday (the 15th):

Wonderful Distractions

Or: Why we released one new book this Spring.

The last week of Spring finds us waiting for our first new RPG release of the year. Basic Roleplaying was sent off last month with the understanding that it would be delivered to us the first week of June. I may have mentioned this before. Printers Lie. Printers will tell you anything in order to get your business. Once they have your money, they busy themselves with promising things to other publishers rather than printing your book it seems. Last week, they promised the book would ship to us on the 17th. Sometime tomorrow we'll know if that's true. Meanwhile, there's no way that physical copies of the book will be on store shelves before the first week of July. Feh!

Ohboyohboyohboy! My local gaming shop gets their shipments on Wednesdays (ie tomorrow), and I ordered my copy from them months ago. Wonder how it will all come out in the wash? Ohboyohboyohboy!

Blessed Be,

)O( Mike )O

http://web.mac.com/boghouse/iWeb

"So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?"

~You've Got Mail (1998 film)

Ohboyohboyohboy! My local gaming shop gets their shipments on Wednesdays (ie tomorrow), and I ordered my copy from them months ago. Wonder how it will all come out in the wash? Ohboyohboyohboy!

I think it is safe to say that it will take them another 1-2 weeks at least to get your copy in. Based on what Dustin wrote, the books aren't even in the distribution channel yet. It will be interesting to see which copy I get first, the one from Chaosium, or the one from my FLGS.

G'day everyone,

Just a quick one to let you know that my pre order of the hard copy of the BRP rulebook arrived today by priority mail :eek:. I am in Australia so looks like over the next few days pre orders will be arriving in the mail.

Happy days! :thumb:

Fergo113

Hang on. The Chaosium people say the book hasn't been printed yet, but you've received your copy! Ermmmm, did you happen to purhcase the Zero Edition proof copy? Check the cover. If it has the old Chaosium gryphon on it, you have the proof-reading copy.

132/420

Hang on. The Chaosium people say the book hasn't been printed yet, but you've received your copy! Ermmmm, did you happen to purhcase the Zero Edition proof copy? Check the cover. If it has the old Chaosium gryphon on it, you have the proof-reading copy.

Its definitely the final version (1st Edition) BRP :)

I have the Zero edition copy already and this is the 1st Edition as displayed on the Chaosium website. I purchased this as a pre-order from the Chaosium website not long after the pre orders began.

I am very familiar with the Zero edition having used it extensively ever since I got that edition when it first came out. Used it to write up the City of Heroes BRP Quickplay Pack in the downloads section on this web site.

The content of the book that arrived this morning is updated, typo's have been fixed and errata fixed. In addition there have been a few more pictures added to the content. Its definitely the real deal. :thumb:

The binding looks sturdy enough for general use but its soft cover so would need to be treated with TLC. If you have a copy of the Zero Edition then you'll know what to expect. Its the same type of cover and binding.

Happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy ;)

Cheers,

Fergo113

How sturdy is it? Does the binding seem like it will hold out against common usage?

I've added some photos Simlasa in the downloads 'Other' section if anyone is interested in having a closer look. ;)

No idea as to why it should arrive in my end of the world so quickly. Usually takes about a month to get things over here from Chaosium. Not complaining though :thumb:

Cheers,

Fergo113

Its definitely the final version (1st Edition) BRP :)

I have the Zero edition copy already and this is the 1st Edition as displayed on the Chaosium website. I purchased this as a pre-order from the Chaosium website not long after the pre orders began.

How very odd since Dustin's blog (from Sun. 15th June) says, "Last week, they promised the book would ship to us on the 17th. Sometime tomorrow we'll know if that's true."

I'm confused. The publisher (only 3 days ago) is stating they don't have the print copies yet you have received yours. Sounds like the left hand is not telling the right hand what it's doing.

132/420

How very odd since Dustin's blog (from Sun. 15th June) says, "Last week, they promised the book would ship to us on the 17th. Sometime tomorrow we'll know if that's true."

I'm confused. The publisher (only 3 days ago) is stating they don't have the print copies yet you have received yours. Sounds like the left hand is not telling the right hand what it's doing.

You're not wrong there. It's got me stumped.

On the 12 June I recieved an email from Chaosium saying that the item had shipped. Got a second email saying the same thing on June 14. It usually takes around a month to get to me from overseas. Yet this morning it arrived.

I have no idea what's going on. I'm a little surprised that no one else has said that their pre-orders have also arrived. :confused:

perhaps, it is some sort of omen or portent. Do you have a strange birthmark under your hair line or feel the need to walk on water, turn water into wine, that sort of thing ? Are you the messiah ? Or just a very luck boy ?

so this is it, we're going to die...

perhaps, it is some sort of omen or portent. Do you have a strange birthmark under your hair line or feel the need to walk on water, turn water into wine, that sort of thing ? Are you the messiah ? Or just a very luck boy ?

"He's not the messiah! He's just a very naughty boy." ;) Nope, not the messiah. Though maybe divine intervention had something to do with it.

Hey, maybe I was just the only one who made a pre-order? :eek: hehehehe

Perhaps I should do readings for everyone until they get their copies?

Ah, well, it probably was just the usual Australian problem with datelines,

time warps, and all that - or that cross-Earth tunnel from the USA to Au-

stralia has finally been completed ... :eek:

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Thanks for putting up those photos Fergo... it looks pretty chunky.

I've had a lot more trouble with hardback gaming books falling apart than with softcover ones... any of the old hardcovers from Games Workshop are good examples of bad quality. Unless it's going to be good and sturdy, like a school textbook, I'd just as soon have softcover.

No idea as to why it should arrive in my end of the world so quickly. Usually takes about a month to get things over here from Chaosium. Not complaining though
Just a wild thought: Maybe Chaosium is using a print on demand system for other parts of the world? The PDF came out last week so its just (barely) possible that a fast POD could get it printed and shipped...

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

Ah, well, it probably was just the usual Australian problem with datelines,

time warps, and all that - or that cross-Earth tunnel from the USA to Au-

stralia has finally been completed ... :eek:

Damn it, I knew our governments were working on something! The public's always the last to know :mad:

So has anyone else recieved a copy yet? :confused:

I think the hardcovers must be print on demand and drop ship directly from printer to the customer. That would explain why you have yours and everybody who is waiting for the mass printed TPB version to reach Chaosium is still waiting.

Where's the pre-order for the hardcovers?

I think the hardcovers must be print on demand and drop ship directly from printer to the customer. That would explain why you have yours and everybody who is waiting for the mass printed TPB version to reach Chaosium is still waiting.

I am certain that this is not the case.

My guess is that Chaosium got some initial copies from the printer, and sent them to the farthest-reaching customers, thinking that it'd arrive for them the same time as everyone else.

When I lived in Japan, I occasionally had freak mail occurrences, like when my grandmother sent me a birthday card and forgot to put postage on it. Not only that, it wasn't sealed. I got it in less than 72 hours, complete with a check inside from Grandma. (Which made me crazy because I couldn't cash checks in Japan.)

Just got a mail from Amazon UK saying the book's been delayed.

The black rivers of pitch that flow under those mysterious cyclopean bridges - things built by some elder race extinct and forgotten before the beings came to Yuggoth from the ultimate voids - ought to be enough to make any man a Dante or Poe if he can keep sane long enough to tell what he has seen.