Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belgath

Classic Fantasy Greymoor

12 posts in this topic

Is there more Information for the world of Gremoor. Looking for a map and general info?

Yes, there is a map and information, but nothing released yet.

Greymoor will be fully detailed in the Unearthed Companion, plus you will be getting glimpses of it in the upcoming adventures, as I worked with each writer to make sure the adventure fit in Greymoor, while remaining as setting neutral as possible.

Rod

8 people like this

Thanks for the update, Unearthed Companion will be very much anticipated. Now you just need to send out goblin hordes to capture and inprison your writers untill it's finished.

1 person likes this

Well, as I'm the only writer working on the Companion, its a prison of my own devising. I do have a number of playtesters however, and they are all under the affects of an Intensity 8 Mass Charm spell. They really think they enjoy re-reading the same chapter every time I rewrite it. :)

Rod

6 people like this

Ha Ha ha

Says the charmed one...

1 person likes this

On 1/6/2017 at 0:25 AM, threedeesix said:

Yes, there is a map and information, but nothing released yet.

Greymoor will be fully detailed in the Unearthed Companion, plus you will be getting glimpses of it in the upcoming adventures, as I worked with each writer to make sure the adventure fit in Greymoor, while remaining as setting neutral as possible.

Rod

I'm new to Mythras and have bought the classic fantasy, expert set and Ettin marsh module. I used to love the flavour of AD&D many years ago and when I read about classic fantasy I was sold. After going through the books the nostalgia hit me and am looking forward to anything related that comes out. The Ettin marsh module is classic AD&D for me and I love it. I remember for me the old UK modules where the best, more realism with a bit of grit.

For me it captures the original spirit of the game but with a far better rule set. The Mythras combat system and character creation is extremely well done and when you put classic fantasy next to it, it is the ultimate RPG for me. Well done for everyone involved. Is there a module coming out every month for classic fantasy I heard? Or am I mistaken. 

2 people like this

There will be a release each month for the Mythras system in general, but not every one will be a Classic Fantasy product, as I understand.

1 person likes this

We have a further three Classic Fantasy modules lined-up (one of which is an extension to Terror of Ettinmarsh, set around Moonspike Tower), and the Monthly Scenario for June will be 'N1 - These Violent Delights', again for Classic Fantasy. We'll then stagger the remainder over the year.

So lots to come while Rod is locked in his self devised tower, slaving over the Unearthed Companion (which was all his idea anyway)... :)

7 people like this

Fantastic stuff. I will snap them up as they come out. Will be like starting my role playing career all over again. I'm sure in unearthed companion we will find plenty of excellent material too. I am secretly hoping for a detailed map in Greymoor much like the ones ICE used in their MERP modules. The small map in terror of Ettinmoor had some good detail. Maybe too much to ask, I'm sure Mr Leary has more than enough on his plate.  :P

You can definitely expect a detailed map of Greymoor and the surrounding kingdoms and territories. I've been playing my campaigns in Greymoor for more then 20 years.

Rod

5 people like this

21 hours ago, lawrence.whitaker said:

N1 - These Violent Delights

Have Violent Ends

Doesn't look like anything to me. ;)

3 people like this

12 hours ago, threedeesix said:

You can definitely expect a detailed map of Greymoor and the surrounding kingdoms and territories. I've been playing my campaigns in Greymoor for more then 20 years.

Rod

Ok, monthly modules, new information on CF and a detailed map of the Greymoor. The news just keeps getting better. Cheers Rod.

2 people like this