Lanbril myths/heroquests?

Harrek

Let's start yet another topic. Has anybody written Lanbril myths or heroquests? One of the PC's in my campaign is a hero of Lanbril. Because of the preferences of the player, our Lanbril is firstly a thief and secondly a murderer (we have the Black Fang in Pavis, but they are amateurs compared to this PC). This is not canon, but the player likes to kill people in the game...a lot. That's why Black Fang myths are also appreciated. We have already converted Steve Maurer's Black Fang's temptation quest (http://www.nikkeffingham.com/runequest/hqbfb.htm) to a Lanbrili myth and played it.

I haven't written any, but you could have:

How Lanbril Lost his Face (Origin of the Face of Lanbril spell)

How Lanbril Got Away 

How Everyone Forgot Lanbril (Origin of the Forget spell)

Lanbril and Mostal (Stealing alchemical powders or items)

Lanbril and the First Lock

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Shouldn't that be How Lanbril stole a Face?

Maybe they have a secret chamber with a pillar that holds all the faces they've stolen off their victims?  Not that I'm saying that's where a certain author may have gotten the idea but....

Edited by Pentallion
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pentallion said:

Maybe they have a secret chamber with a pillar that holds all the faces they've stolen off their victims?  Not that I'm saying that's where a certain author may have gotten the idea but....

Perhaps he lost it gambling with trickster and had to steal a new one?

34 minutes ago, Pentallion said:

In my Glorantha, Trickster is one of Lanbril's disguises.

You know that mask-under-a-mask-under-a-mask schtick?  Yeah:  alternating Lanbril/Eurmal masks.

Forever.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

18 hours ago, Pentallion said:

The Face of Lanbril spell doesn't make you look different (i.e. stealing someone else's face) merely nondescript so you don't stand out (i.e. losing what makes you distinctive), so I see it as Lanbril losing his face, so that nobody recognises him. It's a consequence or extension of everyone saying he isn't an important/powerful god, being a son of Grandfather Mortal.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 3/12/2017 at 7:54 PM, soltakss said:

The Face of Lanbril spell doesn't make you look different (i.e. stealing someone else's face) merely nondescript so you don't stand out (i.e. losing what makes you distinctive), so I see it as Lanbril losing his face, so that nobody recognises him. It's a consequence or extension of everyone saying he isn't an important/powerful god, being a son of Grandfather Mortal.

Perhaps he lost face by being caught stealing (once when he was 5) ?

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 9:23 AM, davecake said:

Lanbril is supposed to have stolen from his kin and then been banished by Orlanth. A hero quest where he is able to steal some powers from other Orlanthi deities and then is banished when eventually caught? 

The storm gods are not his kin.  He's mortal.  So if he stole from his kin, then it was from the tribes that followed Orlanth, not the Orlanthi dieties themselves.  Though I'm sure he stole from them too.