Identifying Runes

Necrothurge

As long as you use the Glorantha Core Font as your basis, you have all the Runes you need for HeroQuest & RuneQuest Glorantha:

http://www.glorantha.com/docs/glorantha-core-rune-font/

The runes you picture only occur in Mongoose RQ. I've gone through Greg's rune lists and they're not there. I'd treat them as weird Second Age God Learner constructions that were rightly destroyed by the universe when the God Learners perished.

• Like 8

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

On 5/17/2017 at 8:39 AM, Necrothurge said:

Hey, guys, I've been converting runes into emojis for the Discord channel that I'm running and I came across these two that I (and seemingly no one on the server) can identify:

s58fGFB.png

Does anyone have any ideas?

The first one is the Bowtie Rune. 

The second is the Fez Rune.  

Both runes are favored in combination as part of a little known Dragonewt Cult that likes to Cosplay as Gallifreyans.

Dr Who.jpg

Edited by Darius West
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Darius West said:

The first one is the Bowtie Rune. 

The second is the Fez Rune.  

Both runes are favored in combination as part of a little known Dragonewt Cult that likes to Cosplay as Gallifreyans.

Dr Who.jpg

I must ask: why a dragonewt cult? (sorry for killing the joke but I'm actually confusticated on this one).

Edited by Richard S.

17 hours ago, Richard S. said:

I must ask: why a dragonewt cult? (sorry for killing the joke but I'm actually confusticated on this one).

Because Dragonewts are the only Gloranthans known for regularly coming back from "death" in a new body.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Khedrac said:

Because Dragonewts are the only Gloranthans known for regularly coming back from "death" in a new body.

Also, they are clearly the most wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey  of the elder races.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Khedrac said:

Perfect.

11 hours ago, boztakang said:

Also, they are clearly the most wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey  of the elder races.

Bonus points.

Both correct, plus Dragonewts are just downright weird, and that might include cosplaying as characters from Earth Sci Fi while in Glorantha.

• Like 1