A trio of HQG titles now available at DTRPG

MOB

15 hours ago, Addison said:

Will the other HQ books (Pavis and the Sartar books) be back in physical print at that time?

Also I noticed that the books are now hardbacks. Will these other HQ books be getting the hardback upgrade as well?

We are not planning to do straight reprints of HQ Pavis, Sartar, or Sartar Companion. If they get reprinted it will be in a revised format with revised content to put them more in beautiful alignment with HeroQuest Glorantha. Please don't ask "when", though that is still TBD.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On 12/31/2017 at 8:00 PM, Rick Meints said:

We are not planning to do straight reprints of HQ Pavis, Sartar, or Sartar Companion. If they get reprinted it will be in a revised format with revised content to put them more in beautiful alignment with HeroQuest Glorantha. Please don't ask "when", though that is still TBD.

Unlike when they came out the first time I now have a chest filled with Lunars to buy them in Hardcover. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 4:00 AM, Rick Meints said:

In many ways if the Pavis, Sartar, and Sartar Companion books are repackaged in hardcovers without game mechanic content then they would sell well to all the Gloranthan market.

You could then sell specific game mechanic supplemental resources for each of the titles, even if only in pdf format, as they could be easily printed out to use at the gaming table. That way you could appeal to the wider playing audience of RQG, HQG, or D20G players; not to mention to those who don't play at all anymore but still wish to read Gloranthan content. 

The popularity of the G2G demonstrates that Glorantha can be accepted as a fictional world in it's own right.

(Having said that, HQG is almost statless, and already can be used as a guide when using other systems)

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 3

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I would LOVE a repurposed set of Sartar/Sartar Companion (and why not Pavis) in that vein, ESPECIALLY if the art was received a pass, just bringing it up a notch and updating to reflect the current art direction on the Orlanthi. The only wrinkle in the ointment is how to handle the timeline going forward, without losing information, but not getting swamped in stuff, since we're bumping along to the future.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:53 PM, Grievous said:

I would LOVE a repurposed set of Sartar/Sartar Companion (and why not Pavis) in that vein, ESPECIALLY if the art was received a pass, just bringing it up a notch and updating to reflect the current art direction on the Orlanthi. The only wrinkle in the ointment is how to handle the timeline going forward, without losing information, but not getting swamped in stuff, since we're bumping along to the future.

The Heroquest books would continue to focus on the Sartar Rising era. As described in HQG we focus on two eras. RQG is only going to focus on the one.

Does that mean we won't be getting a Red Cow. Vol III with a focus on the future? I'd support that. ;)

In any case, I was considering the eras in regards to Mankcam's idea of having a set of systemless  Pavis, Sartar, and Sartar Companion books. That said, I'm also fully behind the idea (with my wallet in hand) of just re-printing the books with improvements (esp. as pertains to art)!

As an aside, I'm planning to use the Red Cow campaign with Runequest mechanics for my gaming group. I might end up using Heroquest as a layer on top of that for some of the more meta/sweeping/large scale resolution. I'm hoping to find/develop some synergy between the two systems in that sense and I'm kind of enjoying that this is a possible thing going forward. 

I really love HQ2, although it doesn't work well for Glorantha for me, I'ld much rather see it do a contemporary Action Flick or Pulp Era genre. Purely my personal taste. However the HQG Red Cow books are written very well, with stats being more narrative descriptors, they come across almost system-free anyway, and it'll be easy enough to run them with RQG ( or even 13th Age/D20G for that matter)

I'm glad HQG will be continuing with the Sartar Rising era, I'm not sure if I'm ready to be jumping too much into the Hero Wars just yet, I am used to setting my plots 1610 - 1620 ST

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"