Fiction Line Announcement

MOB

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jrutila said:

About reprints. Would there be any possibility to get a reprint of The Widow's Tale by Chaosium? Is there even a theoretichal change?

A reprint of The Widow's Tale would be cool.

But IMHO it would be even better to see new novels like that one or even books of short stories.

Do you accept short stories?

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

2 hours ago, jeffjerwin said:

The Widow's Tale and Eurhol's Vale are excellent and totally unavailable. I think they would be new to a lot of new and returning Glorantha-fans.

They are wonderful stories and certainly under consideration though we have to ascertain where the rights reside.

@Runeblogger - we are looking for Gloranthan short fiction to publish in Wyrm's Footnotes

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a relative newbie to Glorantha/RQ, and I'd love to be able to figure out more about the world through fiction instead of trying to bludgeon myself with RQ:G's background or the Guide.

On a related note, will we ever get a hard copy run of the Gloranthan Sourcebook? 

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

11 minutes ago, Crel said:

On a related note, will we ever get a hard copy run of the Gloranthan Sourcebook? 

Hard Copies of the Sourcebook have been printed and are being sent to the warehouses for distribution to the Kickstarter Backers.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Crel said:

I'm a relative newbie to Glorantha/RQ, and I'd love to be able to figure out more about the world through fiction instead of trying to bludgeon myself with RQ:G's background or the Guide.

For a start, you could do worse than reading Oliver Dickinson's Griselda tales.  I believe Chaosium carries The Complete Griselda, and the author has a website devoted to her with some excerpts and short tales:  http://www.griselda.org.uk/main.html .

On 7/11/2018 at 1:45 AM, Crel said:

Yes, it's part of the 13G kickstarter.  Check out the subforum there, or better the KS site itself, for latest news.

The books have been printed.  Last I saw, they are on container-ships, en route.

The process is s-l-o-w (examining the initial proof, approving the full print-run, printing, shipping transoceanic) and involves a non-trivial amount of potential delay that is utterly outside the control of Chaosium.

• Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig