RQG Release Party in Berlin!

Jakob

If you happen to live in Berlin, Germany (or if you can make it there!) - we'll have a release party for the printed edition of RQG on August 11th at our Bookshop - Jeff Richard and Jason Durall will both be there, and if all goes well, they'll bring a box or two of the core rules and the Glorantha Sourcebook.

The Otherland Bookshop is in the Bergmannstr. 25, 10961 Berlin-Kreuzberg, and the party starts at 6.30pm - for more information, follow the link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, prinz.slasar said:

i'll be there.

In case I purchased both items as PDF from Chaosium how do the Otherland Bookstore handle the discount?
Do you guys need some purchase receipt from the PDF-buy?

Thanks in advance.

We actually didn't think about that yet ... I'll talk to our friends at chaosium about this, and I'm sure we'll be able to give you the discount; if you can, bring a receipt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I, for my part, had a great evening, and I'm pretty sure that goes for all the other people who where there, as well. I'm still amazed how many rpg designers either live in Berlin or happen to drop by there. Not only were Jeff and Jason at the party, but also Gavin Norman, the author of the Dolmenwood OSR setting (as presented in the Wormskin magazine), and Francesco Nepitello, Designer of the The One Ring Roleplaying game, who happened to be in Berlin at the time. (I jumped at the opportunity to get a signed copy of the revised edition of TOR - it is one of miy favourite rpgs in terms of how the rules are designed to fit the setting.)

It was a very rewarding evening for me and the Otherland staff in many ways - and in a way, the coolest thing was that the copies of RQG that Jeff and Jason had brought from GenCon were exactly the right number to meet the demand. By the end of the evening, they were all sold, and no one who wanted one was left without a copy. That really was an "everyone is happy" moment.

We hope that we'll get the opportunity to host similar chaosium events in the future!

Edited by Jakob
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jakob said:

... It was a very rewarding evening for me and the Otherland staff in many ways - and in a way, the coolest thing was that the copies of RQG that Jeff and Jason had brought from GenCon were exactly the right number to meet the demand. By the end of the evening, they were all sold, and no one who wanted one was left without a copy. That really was an "everyone is happy" moment ...

It's clear that SOMEBODY had performed a major working with the Harmony Rune...  🙂

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

It was an utter delight getting to see our German (and international) fans close-up in a more relaxed atmosphere then Gen Con, and to have so many friends, family, and newcomers to share our enthusiasm. 

Otherland were wonderful hosts, and afterwards some of us adjourned to an amazing Greek restaurant and continued our merriment until the midnight hours. 

• Like 1