Calling All Heroes!

Dan Ruffolo

The latest Mythras supplement Agony and Ecstasy should be launching any day now, and to whet your appetite for superheros, superpowers, and a new fantastic adventure scenario, we've put together a set of six superhero characters for you to take a look at. Get your first look at the superpower system, and get inspired for your own heroes and villains!

You can check out the premade characters Here let us know what you think!

Agony and Ecstasy will be $10.99 in hardcopy (with a free PDF included), $5.99 for the PDF only, and will be available through our web store, Drivethru RPG, and Lulu, and all the very best FLGSs (If yours is one of the very best and doesn't carry them yet, let them know to let us know!)

Agony-and-Ecstasy-Cover-lo-res.jpg

Edited by Dan Ruffolo
  • Like 4

Marketing Manager, Production Editor

http://thedesignmechanism.com

The powers are largely street/mid level - so Daredevils, Spider-Men, etc, and it's possible to get to Fantastic 4 levels too. Powers are quite easy: you get a certain number of Powers based on a characteristics, and then spend Power Points to boost them (powers are either always active, or cost a base amount to switch them on). Limitations/disadvantages help you get additional Boosts.

Powers range from enhanced STR, DEX, speed, etc, and go through energy and material manipulation, to include flight and teleportation.

We haven't used BRP or Superworld as a base here; it's largely a fresh interpretation.

• Like 4

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

I'm definitely buying this, and I'm cautiously hopeful that I'll like it. The posted sample characters seem reasonable.
Often I'm put off by supers games that try too hard to emulate the comics medium... rather than pursuing a consistent RPG setting with super powers.
I do like Superworld... and Godlike... which both did well with relatively 'street level' characters.

Edited by Simlasa

Curious title for a Superhero Supplement. Agony and extasy are not really the emotions that pop up in my mind when someone says "superher rpg". Care to elaborate for curious me what that is all about?

BTW: POD on Lulu is already possible - just ordered mine.;)

Edited by Der Rote Baron

46 minutes ago, Der Rote Baron said:

Curious title for a Superhero Supplement. Agony and extasy are not really the emotions that pop up in my mind when someone says "superher rpg". Care to elaborate for curious me what that is all about?

BTW: POD on Lulu is already possible - just ordered mine.;)

Well, as you've ordered a copy (which may well have errors - it shouldn't be live yet, and that's why we haven't publicized the release. There's something wrong with the Lulu privacy setting), you'll soon know...

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

It will be interesting to see how this compares with Superworld and BRP Super Heroes.

I am sure I'll notice when it comes out and buy the PDF.

I am, however, eagerly awaiting the official SuperHeroQuest, or the Supers version of what OGL HeroQuest is going to be called, as that would fit SuperHeroes perfectly for me.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 2 weeks later...