GM Reference Booklet Printout Driving Me Crazy

GianniVacca

11 hours ago, GianniVacca said:

Because of its weird structure (two physical pages per single PDF page)

Have you tried just going to View > Page Display > Single Page View in Adobe Acrobat to adjust that?  Mine comes up as the double page view too, but easy to change.  And Print seems to come out fine as single pages.

15 hours ago, drablak said:

I had to install Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to print anything (or even see the map of Apple Lane). My other PDF viewers/editors do weird things, like print black boxes.

I've been using Chrome, and had none of these issues. I've also not had double-page issues (for what it's worth).

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

12 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Have you tried just going to View > Page Display > Single Page View in Adobe Acrobat to adjust that?  Mine comes up as the double page view too, but easy to change.  And Print seems to come out fine as single pages.

Weird.... When I try that the option to change the page display to Single Page is greyed out 😞

On 10/30/2018 at 2:11 PM, drablak said:

I had to install Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to print anything (or even see the map of Apple Lane). My other PDF viewers/editors do weird things, like print black boxes.

Which ones were you using?

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

I'm on a Mac, I tried with PDF Expert and Preview. All the other PDF were fine, the only problems in viewing that I had were that the map of Apple Lane didn't show up (at all), and the background of the artisan character sheet didn't show (but the skills, etc, did). And for printing, everywhere there's a fancy border in the GM screen or the GM Reference, there would be a black square.

1 hour ago, drablak said:

I'm on a Mac, I tried with PDF Expert and Preview. All the other PDF were fine, the only problems in viewing that I had were that the map of Apple Lane didn't show up (at all), and the background of the artisan character sheet didn't show (but the skills, etc, did). And for printing, everywhere there's a fancy border in the GM screen or the GM Reference, there would be a black square.

Preview is a poor pdf reader and  PDF Expert is my tool of choice. Check you have the latest version of both PDF expert and the GM Screen Pack:

238309255_Screenshot2018-11-01at15_55_16.png.c3d3d7e201c15bf943a3ccb7de1ae676.png1902626868_Screenshot2018-11-01at15_55_54.png.182d80cb8a5bfe12944fc7295a8181ea.png

Click for larger images. Both print fine. 

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

1 hour ago, Anunnaki said:

No problems on Mac here either (I have many iMacs, MacBooks, and MacBook Pros -- no issues on any of them, including Preview). That said, we are running nothing older than MacOS High Sierra and MacOS Mojave as operating systems.

Which version of MacOS are you running @drablak? There were changes introduced to MacOS in previous versions that updated PDF behavior. 

I'm running the latest version of the system (Mojave 10.14.1). 

1 hour ago, Anunnaki said:

Hmmmm. OK, sorry, I got nothing (sadly). Only other thing I can think of (in the toolbox of the usual Mac fix-up stuff) is to try the "hold shift on startup and let system run a repair" diagnostics and/or grab a copy of Onyx and rebuild font caches, et al.

Thanks I will try that. It works with Adobe Acrobat for some reason so I'm good, but I'll give what you suggest a try. Thanks!