RuneQuest : Aventures dans Glorantha launches on gameontabletop.com later this month!

MOB

2 hours ago, g33k said:

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff... <sigh>

That's really just an egregiously kinky reading of the language.

"Mistress" here is clearly the Other WomanGame.  You'd use it when you were referring to your GM for your Tekumel campaign.

I'm clearly a follower of the Tripartite Woman - RuneQuest, Call of Cthulhu, and Pendragon. The Other Game must be Nephilim. Or Seven Seas. 

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

I'm clearly a follower of the Tripartite Woman - RuneQuest, Call of Cthulhu, and Pendragon. The Other Game must be Nephilim. Or Seven Seas. 

Sorry, Jeff, but the essence of the Other WomanGame is that you're cheating on your own.  Nothing from Chaosium counts.

Just be glad you wound up with Tekumel!

Imagine if it had been D&D... I've heard she's been with virtually everyone...

• Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 minutes ago, g33k said:

Sorry, Jeff, but the essence of the Other WomanGame is that you're cheating on your own.  Nothing from Chaosium counts.

Just be glad you wound up with Tekumel!

Imagine if it had been D&D... I've heard she's been with virtually everyone...

I dated her in high school. About the same time Prince released Purple Rain.

• Haha 1

Nice. Also, it looks like they're getting some interesting exclusive rewards now:

• Two exclusive scenarios (one in the core rulebook, one in the bestiary).
  • Some cloth maps that are effectively zoomed/cropped version of the big Dragon Pass map we know.
  • A bunch of index card handouts on runes, rune cults, the game system, and the combat system.
  • There seems to be some extra Ernaldori clan material in the GM book (16 pages of material to be exact).
  • A 64 pages spell book.
  • A 64 pages book on the Dundealos tribe.

I might get the PDFs just to check all those things out. I'm curious however about what kind of collaboration exists (or not) between Deadcrows and Chaosium? Like, are Chaosium people like Jeff going to review their new/exclusive content and provide a stamp of approval? Even maybe translate it back to English for broader release?

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 2

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

19 hours ago, lordabdul said:

I might get the PDFs just to check all those things out. I'm curious however about what kind of collaboration exists (or not) between Deadcrows and Chaosium? 

Studio Deadcrows and EDGE France are official Chaosium licensees.

Like, are Chaosium people like Jeff going to review their new/exclusive content and provide a stamp of approval?

Yes. What is released here is canon.

Even maybe translate it back to English for broader release?

Highly likely.

4 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

will it be available at chaosium.com? @MOB

The French edition will not (while we are happy to support and promote our licensees, unfortunately due to the complexities of such situations from a warehousing, inventory, tax and accounting point of view we typically do not sell licensee products on our website). You will have to get that directly from the publisher, or through distribution.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MOB said:

The French edition will not (while we are happy to support and promote our licensees, unfortunately due to the complexities of such situations from a warehousing, inventory, tax and accounting point of view we typically do not sell licensee products on our website). You will have to get that directly from the publisher, or through distribution.

Might I diffidently suggest that, where you WOULD have a product-link in your webstore, you have instead a link showing the French edition and text (possibly bilingual?) along the lines of:

Want it in French?  Visit our partners, Studio Deadcrow (Link to their site, not Chaosium)

And vice versa on THEIR webstore.

Maximize the end-user simplicity.  They come to Chaosium for Runequest, and they find it ... in any language it's available.  😁

Or is this just an egg-sucking lesson, Grandma?

C'es ne pas un .sig

59 minutes ago, MOB said:

Cheers

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!