Sign in to follow this  
Redmoongodess

The Hawkmoon Monograph?

ALLLLL the way back in 2005, Chaosium published a Monograph based on the Hawkmoon novels that reportedly was much better than the original rules in terms of setting details, but included almost NO stats, and to this day, it remains un-reprinted or released anywhere! 

Sooo, is there any chance that Lawrence Whitaker or Chaosium or somebody who was involved with the thing could post the thing on the net for archival purposes? Or are there copyright stuff that are preventing it from ever being brought to the light of day?

I believe there is active (albeit slow) conversation happening with Mr.Moorcock & one or more RPG companies; at least, that's what I heard a couple of years ago.

But yeah:  without his permission, it's a strict no-go ...   "for archival purposes" being a thinly-veiled e-jolly-roger these days.

As the status of the licensing for 'Hawkmoon' as a property is unclear, and certainly not held by myself, TDM, or Chaosium (rights to Elric games are currently held by Sombre Projets for the Mournblade RPG, and rights for a Hawkmoon TV adaptation have been licensed to BBC Studios), there is no way that I'll be making the Hawkmoon Monograph available for public download, as it may well breach trademark and licensing agreements.

I do know that a few people on this forum (and most likely reading thread) may have a copy of the Hawkmoon Monograph in PDF. I would respectfully request that no one attempts to upload or distribute it.

Sorry to have to disappoint. 

• Like 2