Alchemy?

nclarke

24 minutes ago, nclarke said:

Is there any comprehensive alchemy rules for creating an alchemist type character in any D100 based games, any of Chaosium's products, MGP Legend line or Mythras or anything else?

The Witchcraft monogram put out by Chaosium has rules for alchemy. You can find it here -> https://www.chaosium.com/brp-witchcraft-pdf/.

You might also ask @Nick J. for what he has put together to support his Magic World / Dolmenwood game.

Our own Chris Tooley has ported the rules for Alchemy & Artifice to Magic World / BRP. I haven't used it yet but it looks very complete. See it here at ->

Edited by rsanford
  • Thanks 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

Question is : what do you expect to find in those Alchemy rules ?

Rules for potions, transmutation of matter, something else ?

It's possible that a magic system has all you want even if it's not named "alchemy". It's also possible that a system named "alchemy" only has a part of what you seek.

For instance, RuneQuest Classic has Alchemy rules, but they only cover potions and poisons.

1 hour ago, Chaot said:

Enlightened Magic is amazing. It's a rewrite of the Nephilim stuff. I highly recommend it for both alchemy and hermetic magic.

Enlightened Magic is probably the most underrated RPG supplement in modern history. It is THE book to have if you want your game to have a real life Wicca kinda feel to it.

• Like 2

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

3 hours ago, nclarke said:

Is there any comprehensive alchemy rules for creating an alchemist type character in any D100 based games, any of Chaosium's products, MGP Legend line or Mythras or anything else?

Mythras has complete rules for Alchemy&Artifice in the Sorandib-supplement.

Edited by Prinz Slasar

22 hours ago, rsanford said:

Enlightened Magic is probably the most underrated RPG supplement in modern history. It is THE book to have if you want your game to have a real life Wicca kinda feel to it.

Let's just take a moment to acknowledge that this is one of the truest statements ever made. I will reinforce that it's not just Wicca but Hermeticism in general. Plus, the system is just really well put together.

• Like 1

70/420

On 9/27/2020 at 11:27 AM, Chaot said:

Enlightened Magic is amazing. It's a rewrite of the Nephilim stuff. I highly recommend it for both alchemy and hermetic magic.

22 hours ago, rsanford said:

27 minutes ago, Chaot said:

Let's just take a moment to acknowledge that this is one of the truest statements ever made. I will reinforce that it's not just Wicca but Hermeticism in general. Plus, the system is just really well put together.

Well... that's @jsnead for ya.

The man does really good RPG rules... but his magic-system rules just have that next-level depth and richness, an extraordinary depth and historical feel, that is beyond merely "good."

If John Snead writes anything for any RPG, it automatically goes onto my "take a deep look at this one, for sure!" list; if he writes magic (and/or folklore & myth), it goes straight onto my Buy-list (and may sell me on an associated core-rule system I hadn't previously looked at); he's just that good at what he does.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig