Is the Lunar Goddess a Face of Wakboth?

EricW

On 1/9/2021 at 12:52 PM, coffeemancer said:

dismembered like a patchwork god sewn together later by a certain pharao?

More thoroughly, in at least 49 parts, as a deity of such power can eventually recover from being separated into 48 parts, according to Orlanthi mythology.

The Lunars allegedly have collected those hidden parts, and they have come to a count somewhere beyond 50. They are positive that they will be (or have been) able to reconstruct a pure Nysalor without using any parts of Gbaji nevertheless...

• Like 4

Telling how it is excessive verbis

32 minutes ago, Joerg said:

More thoroughly, in at least 49 parts, as a deity of such power can eventually recover from being separated into 48 parts, according to Orlanthi mythology.

The Lunars allegedly have collected those hidden parts, and they have come to a count somewhere beyond 50. They are positive that they will be (or have been) able to reconstruct a pure Nysalor without using any parts of Gbaji nevertheless...

THIS TIME...WILL BE DIFFERENT!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2021 at 6:47 AM, Joerg said:

Wouldn't judge too harshly...happens to me too every time I assemble something from IKEA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Whizbang said:
On 1/10/2021 at 12:47 PM, Joerg said:

Wouldn't judge too harshly...happens to me too every time I assemble something from IKEA.

So, we have reassembled Nysalor, but what are we going to do with the bits left over? I know, let's make Nysalor's child.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

12 minutes ago, soltakss said:

So, we have reassembled Nysalor, but what are we going to do with the bits left over? I know, let's make Nysalor's child.

Ralzakark's Egi - put them on the Moon...

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 4:04 PM, dumuzid said:

J. Campbell's work has been around long enough that there are jokes about his theories written into the setting.  My favorite is Glorantha's own 'Hero with a Thousand Faces,' Ezkankekko.  Every society in central Genertela has a story about a tall, dark stranger of their own species inviting them into a league of mutual support and defense with the other surviving peoples of the Greater Darkness?  It's all one hero, but he could shapeshift!

There's also the whole deal with the God Learners, who apply the Campbellian monomyth to Glorantha, and, uh, get absolutely bodied. 

As I understand it, that was basically Greg's in-universe criticism of the Monomyth. The monomyth is an analytical tool. A map, if you will. If you mistake it for the actual terrain, you're making a big mistake.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

So far the Red Moon Goddess has not tried to damage the Block, despite occupying Prax.  Then again, who knows what would have happened if the Lunar sorcerers had chained all the beasts of Prax at the Paps, and the Glowline of the reaching Moon Temple that the dragonrise destroyed had touched the Block?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darius West said:

So far the Red Moon Goddess has not tried to damage the Block, despite occupying Prax. 

The Red Moon has no interest in restoring Wakboth.

Some Lunars, however, definitely have an interest in doing this. 

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

1 hour ago, Darius West said:

So what you are saying is that it isn't official policy yet.

Oh, in the Monster Empire it absolutely is, but the Red Emperor is dead by then.