RuneQuest Starter Set Design Diary #11: the back covers make a map

MOB

screen-shot-2021-04-14-at-6.02.05-pm-1-.png

By Jason Durall, RuneQuest creative director

The Starter Set for RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha is coming! Between now and its release later this year, RuneQuest creative director Jason Durall's Design Diary will share insights about the development of this exciting new boxed set which will introduce the RuneQuest RPG and Greg Stafford's mythic world of Glorantha to all-new audiences.

A guest post from Chaosium Vice President Michael O'Brien:

MOB: OK, now this is cool: I was handing over the advance copy of the RuneQuest Starter Set I'd recently received to my colleagues David and Jim of the Stream of Chaos. They are going to make the Chaosium Unveiled video for it. And look what we discovered happens when you line up all the back covers of the booklets within...

1080902215_RQBack1.thumb.png.6ecc4cde5c186c672e97abb223eacc19.png

1926025635_RQBack2.thumb.png.10ed9f6f61560c042db8d855ede9cee5.png

Edited by MOB
  • Like 17

I noticed that the back covers were maps, so I've been expecting this. Very nice, very impressive how accurate the alignment is.

On the subject of printing accuracy and alignment, has anyone checked to see how well the new folio character sheet folds up if it's printed on an A3 printer? How easy is it to get the opposite sides to align, and to fold them so that the edges meet nicely in the middle?

• Like 1

• MOB changed the title to RuneQuest Starter Set Design Diary #11: the back covers make a map