🆘 RQCE - Rune Magic Spellcasting Costs 🆘

icebrand

Hi guys!!! I can't find the cost (as in lunars) of having a priest cast rune magic on behalf of someone.

I know it's listed somewhere, but i can't find it right now and I've to GM in less than 3 hours (doesn't help my prep so far is "i read the scenario... Kinda... Well, let's say i skimmed it" 😂.

Ayway, last session my Chalana Arroy PC chose to go on a date instead of come play (irredeemable, i know) and i replaced her for the settlements wind voice, who ended up casting sandals of darkness and telekinesis, which were instrumental on the PCs following slaughter of enemies, so of course I'm deducing the cost from their rewards :).

So... Help? 😋

"It seems I'm destined not to move ahead in time faster than my usual rate of one second per second"

RQG gives 20L per point, or 200L per if it's one-use. If magic points are spent to cast the spell as well, each is worth an additional 1L. For RQCE it's probably safe to use those multiplied by 10, like the rest of the economy seems to be, so 200L per reusable point, 2000L per one-use, 10L per MP.

Edited by Richard S.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Richard S. said:

RQG gives 20L per point, or 200L per if it's one-use. If magic points are spent to cast the spell as well, each is worth an additional 1L. For RQCE it's probably safe to use those multiplied by 10, like the rest of the economy seems to be, so 200L per reusable point, 2000L per one-use, 20L per MP.

200 reusable seems nice (should be probably more expensive in CE since prices are super wack lol).

So far you the one winning, but i think it may be too cheap... They got HARD CARRIED by those spells (well, what they did with telekinesis wasn't actually required but they seem to think it was impossible without -thats why they asked the priestess for it- and I'm partial to let them stay thinking that lol-

"It seems I'm destined not to move ahead in time faster than my usual rate of one second per second"

2 hours ago, Nick Underwood said:

So... a +20 Bless Pregnancy spell would cost a measly 4000 L? Shocking that parents just don't invest in their children anymore... 

In the case of Bless Pregnancy, I would charge 20 L per rune point per season, as the caster doesn't get to regain the rune points until birth.

No idea how common CHA 20 priestesses with 20 rune points would be. At a guess - only player characters.

• Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

15 hours ago, Joerg said:

In the case of Bless Pregnancy, I would charge 20 L per rune point per season, as the caster doesn't get to regain the rune points until birth.

No idea how common CHA 20 priestesses with 20 rune points would be. At a guess - only player characters.

As a ritual, couldn't more than 1 priestess supply the rune points?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Joerg said:

I think you can cast at any moment during pregnancy. Including during  blessedly painless labour. 

23 hours ago, Joerg said:

And I'd have to say that given the lowly market value of their work it's perhaps to be expected that they don't make more effort to advance their careers. 😊

8 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

I think the official ruling is that multiple people can supply Rune Points only in cases where it is explicitly mentioned. But it is explicitly mentioned that multiple people can sacrifice POW during a spell enchantment creation ritual. 

Which opens up the question of why any self-respecting clan hasn't created a +60 Bless Pregnancy enchantment... The (minor) sacrifice of a single generation would create a clan of perfect people. 

(and probably ruin the game for everyone...) 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nick Underwood said:

Which opens up the question of why any self-respecting clan hasn't created a +60 Bless Pregnancy enchantment... The (minor) sacrifice of a single generation would create a clan of perfect people. 

(and probably ruin the game for everyone...) 

It baffles me that bless pregnancy has a mechanical effect. Especially since such effect seems aimed at 0,000001% of legit players!

9 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

1 hour ago, Nick Underwood said:

I think the official ruling is that multiple people can supply Rune Points only in cases where it is explicitly mentioned. But it is explicitly mentioned that multiple people can sacrifice POW during a spell enchantment creation ritual. 

According to Scotty citing MGF any spell can have more then one person contributing RPs if the GM allows it. I did not see this anywhere in the RAW (negative or positive) which caused me to write  and ask about it and that was his answer. 

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Thanks 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

16 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

According to Scotty citing MGF any spell can have more then one person contributing RPs if the GM allows it.

I think it was in the reply to your question that I saw the "official ruling" I cited, Bill. 

I did see the MGF interpretation too. But seeing as the discussion is munchkining up super babies, the stricter interpretation seemed appropriate.

Not that super babies are not fun. But are they maximum fun? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nick Underwood said:

What's an illegit player?  

it means i dont like the spell really...

Like, what benefit does this bring to your game? It seems... out of place? I dont know, im strongly oppinionated and headstrong (but easily swayed)

On 9/6/2021 at 4:34 PM, Richard S. said:

RQG gives 20L per point, or 200L per if it's one-use. If magic points are spent to cast the spell as well, each is worth an additional 1L. For RQCE it's probably safe to use those multiplied by 10, like the rest of the economy seems to be, so 200L per reusable point, 2000L per one-use, 10L per MP.

Kareena in apple lane charges *AT LEAST* 10 gold wheels (TEN???) for casting healing 6. Seriously? If some adventurers murder her i wouldnt even question them, she had it coming...

Edited by icebrand

2 minutes ago, icebrand said:

it means i dont like the spell really...

Like, what benefit does this bring to your game? It seems... out of place? I dont know, im strongly oppinionated and headstrong (but easily swayed)

maybe... and it is a big maybe... some players like the idea of characters with family and sparing the NPC wife of the loss of a children... a complicated pregnancy... the possibility of death during labor... etc...

I realize is not the most common cup of tea for players but I am guessing (again) this was thought on putting some level of realism and community to the spells.

Bottom line... don't like it... don't use it or make it so easy/cheap to use that become irrelevant... YGWV

1 minute ago, FungusColombicus said:

maybe... and it is a big maybe... some players like the idea of characters with family and sparing the NPC wife of the loss of a children... a complicated pregnancy... the possibility of death during labor... etc...

I realize is not the most common cup of tea for players but I am guessing (again) this was thought on putting some level of realism and community to the spells.

Bottom line... don't like it... don't use it or make it so easy/cheap to use that become irrelevant... YGWV

And all that stuff is fine and amazing, i meant the +60 stats part

Who's to say that people aren't engaging with the playful Bless Pregnancy button? Why else do you think player characters trend so tall?

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

2 hours ago, Baron Wulfraed said:

BamBam was adopted -- he's really a Neanderthal living among "normal" people. 🙄

A child so infused with the power of the Goddess could feel like adopted, too. Or do you think that Jar-eel bears much similarity to the mother who gave birth to her? Poor thing probably was left a husk when the girl left her womb.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 9/11/2021 at 3:29 PM, Joerg said:

A child so infused with the power of the Goddess could feel like adopted, too. Or do you think that Jar-eel bears much similarity to the mother who gave birth to her? Poor thing probably was left a husk when the girl left her womb.

She probably performed a cesarean (c section) from the inside.