Griffin Mountain....wow

BrentS

On 11/6/2021 at 6:28 PM, GMKen said:

The Dragonrise?  That happens.  Period.  

So im not the only one who considers it to be a waste of great adventuring idea?

Stop Tatius the bright. Rise the dragon! Maybe free the slaves forced to build the temple... Nope. It had already happened. And somebody else did it.

jar-eel_crimson_bat.png

47 minutes ago, narsilion said:

So im not the only one who considers it to be a waste of great adventuring idea?

Stop Tatius the bright. Rise the dragon! Maybe free the slaves forced to build the temple... Nope. It had already happened. And somebody else did it.

That depends on the campaign you run. If you choose to start your campaign pre-Dragonrise and use Andrew Logan Montgomery's Company of the Dragon then it is not "somebody else" - you are right in the middle of the event. 

If you are outside of Dragon Pass, then odds are you will be outside the event per se. However, you may well be part of the aftermath of the event. 

Just this weekend in my Imther campaign (using my Edge of Empire setting, which is conveniently located right next to Balazar/Griffin Mountain), the characters experienced the Dragonrise is seen/felt from the Lunar Empire: stars rising unexpectedly, green beams of light descending from the heavens, tremors in the Earth, and then a massive cloud rising high up into the sky before becoming a storm front heading rapidly north and passing directly overhead (where the great Dragon is fully visible). More tremors and then the Dragon finally deflected by a red shield emanating from the Moon. But old forgotten EWF Ruins reawakened by its passing and brave adventurers called upon to investigate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jajagappa said:

That depends on the campaign you run. If you choose to start your campaign pre-Dragonrise and use Andrew Logan Montgomery's Company of the Dragon then it is not "somebody else" - you are right in the middle of the event. 

If you are outside of Dragon Pass, then odds are you will be outside the event per se. However, you may well be part of the aftermath of the event. 

Just this weekend in my Imther campaign (using my Edge of Empire setting, which is conveniently located right next to Balazar/Griffin Mountain), the characters experienced the Dragonrise is seen/felt from the Lunar Empire: stars rising unexpectedly, green beams of light descending from the heavens, tremors in the Earth, and then a massive cloud rising high up into the sky before becoming a storm front heading rapidly north and passing directly overhead (where the great Dragon is fully visible). More tremors and then the Dragon finally deflected by a red shield emanating from the Moon. But old forgotten EWF Ruins reawakened by its passing and brave adventurers called upon to investigate.

Yup. Everybody can create his own campaign with is own take on the topic. But i mean something similar to Warhammer "The Enemy Within" campaign, official publication that  and almost defines the game, showing "thats what is Warhammer for". Im new to RQ, but searching different materials i feel that this game lacks such publication. And the Dragonrise would be a good theme for it

• Like 1

jar-eel_crimson_bat.png

3 hours ago, narsilion said:

Yup. Everybody can create his own campaign with is own take on the topic. But i mean something similar to Warhammer "The Enemy Within" campaign, official publication that  and almost defines the game, showing "thats what is Warhammer for". Im new to RQ, but searching different materials i feel that this game lacks such publication. And the Dragonrise would be a good theme for it

Six Seasons in Sartar is very popular.  It's on the Jonstown Compendium

But...

Glorantha holds a lot of variety. A lot. There are so many possibilities and so many ways to explore it.  Six Seasons gives you one lens on to the world. It's far from the only possible perspective. I reminded of the blind men and the Elephant.

I'd love an intro to Glorantha campaign sent in Oraya or the Redlands for Lunar PCs when the Pentans come calling.

8 hours ago, DrGoth said:

Six Seasons in Sartar is very popular.  It's on the Jonstown Compendium

But...

For me Six Seasons and Company of the Dragon are the unofficial "Enemy Within" / "Masks of Nyarlathotep" for RQG. They would really deserve official publication as Chaosium books with art and maps and stuff.

That said, the Colymar/ Jonstown campaign in the GM's pack + Starter Set provides a very strong foundation for a sandbox campaign in Northwestern Sartar post Dragonrise. You add the Pegasus Plateau and Smoking Ruin books, the Quickstart adventure and setting info from the corebook and you get a huge amount of material for a campaign revolving around Clearwine, Apple Lane and Jonstown, with the characters in the service of Queen Leika. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Elcid321 said:

After reading this thread, it makes me think, how do you think it's balazar in the current in-game year (1625)? Has the lunars taken over it? Have they been expelled? Has everyone been eaten by trolls?

There was a thread a short while back on character creation and family history for Balazaring characters (up to 1615, files at the end of the thread):

Then there is also Jon Hunter's material that will be published on JC when complete:

http://www.backtobalazar.com/

13 hours ago, Elcid321 said:

how do you think it's balazar in the current in-game year (1625)? Has the lunars taken over it? Have they been expelled? Has everyone been eaten by trolls?

It's roughly a decade later. Assuming that Halcyon and Marusa are sent off to Pavis by 1622, there's likely another Lunar governor in Elkoi and I'd still expect a Lunar presence there up until the Dragonrise.  There's not a lot that would drive them out, and both Holay and Tarsh likely have some interest in keeping a Lunar presence on their eastern border.

On 5/3/2023 at 5:45 PM, Elcid321 said:

After reading this thread, it makes me think, how do you think it's balazar in the current in-game year (1625)? Has the lunars taken over it? Have they been expelled? Has everyone been eaten by trolls?

In my long ago campaign. One group of main characters (mostly foreigners) recovered the Windsword. They combined with the native Balazaring PCs, allied with the King of Trilus, and successfully made a surprise attack on Ellkoi. After ousting the Lunars, they put a Balazaring PC on the throne of Elkoi. The campaign ended before any Lunar response could occur.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...