Playable Nochet/Esrolia Shorts?

g33k

22 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

Not sure. The adventure started with the disappearance of Orlaronth Dragonfriend from the Great Library of Nochet. It was pretty fun.

Haven’t played in Dimbyds Notchet game, but I know he’d done quite a bit of work on something in Notchet. Very likely it was him, but can’t be 100% sure.

20 hours ago, jajagappa said:

I'm not aware of any at this point, but @Crel might have been working on something set in Sylthi in Esrolia?

Currently, I've got somewhere around 50-80k words of random notes, but not really anything I'd call 'playable' 😛 Apologies!

Concepts I've been working with include:

• Attending a faire with the Aldryami (I've played this & enjoyed it)
  • hunting magical stuff in the Old Woods (this December's MOTM finale will use this theme, btw)
  • angry tenant farmers foistering a tax rebellion
  • raiding those upstart Longsiland EXPLETIVES.
  • murder mystery revolving around lost HeroQuesting secrets (I attempted to playtest this one, and my players ruined it by casting Resurrect 😞)
  • Secret cults, etc. Perhaps the adventure 
Spoiler

"A Fire in the Darkness" from the newly-released Starter Set could serve? I haven't read the adventure in full yet, but my skim made it look promising, due to its urban setting.

• An ancestor worship festival where elders are possessed by ghosts, and the adventurers have to stop their grandparents bodies from getting killed in a centuries-old feud.
  • Drama festivals, where the play the adventurers are participating in transforms into a heroquest (don't mess up, or the whole community will laugh at you)
  • The water under the city has gone foul, and the adventurers have to venture into the Undercity to find out why.
  • The adventurers have to find a hidden cult of Eurmal the Thief whose robberies of foreign merchants are embarrassing the city Grandmothers.
  • Follow-up: the adventurers have to persuade the cult's spirit that no, they don't want to worship it (no matter how cleverly it blackmails them).

Off the top of my head from the Jonstown Compendium, I believe The Pendulum & the Pit is set in "any urban environment" but especially with Nochet in mind. I don't know if it's of a length appropriate to one-shots or con-style scenarios.

I know that's not "largely ready to play" scenarios, but I hope the lump of ideas might be helpful nonetheless. 🙂

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

2 hours ago, Crel said:

Off the top of my head from the Jonstown Compendium, I believe The Pendulum & the Pit is set in "any urban environment" but especially with Nochet in mind. I don't know if it's of a length appropriate to one-shots or con-style scenarios.

I played it in Nochet and it fits perfectly. We played it in 2 sessions, though.

• Like 2