News! News! Read all about it...

lawrence.whitaker

9 hours ago, SDLeary said:

And it looks SOOOOO purdy! Very very easy to read, even on a screen! 

@lawrence.whitaker (I keep wanting to type Loz), what are we looking at here? This doesn't quite look like Warnock 10/12... but its really really easy on the eyes!

SDLeary

It's Baskerville Roman 9pt for body text - which is the same font family as we usually use (Mythras body is Baskerville 9pt), but the Roman variation at 9pt produces slightly larger and clearer type than standard Baskerville, so it will become our house style.

I'm glad it reads well for you! 🙂

• Thanks 1

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

13 minutes ago, Jakob said:

We're getting Destined - as expected - and a cover preview of Mythic Polynesia, which is glorious!

And what is also glorious: If the TDM online shop is correct, I'll only have to pay about 7$ shipping for Destined to Mexico ... normally, I'm paying at least thrice this. Hope this is actually true!

Yes, it's true on the shipping. All our books are now produced by Print on Demand and print and ship from the location closest to your location.

19 minutes ago, Jakob said:

... and a cover preview of Mythic Polynesia, which is glorious!

Ooooooh!
This (with Mythic <Babylon|Mesopotamia|Etc>) are among my very-most-eagerly-anticipated RPG titles!

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Hmm, thought I was subscribed but did not relieve this trumpeted newsletter (with the anticipated news) but when prompted, I was able to subscribe again. Still do not have a copy of this news... Any ideas?

Can someone point out how I can get this newsletter please?

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Is Mythic Babylon a standalone product, or does it need the Mythras core book?

From here:
http://thedesignmechanism.com/store.php#!/Mythic-Babylon/p/367787033/category=24197109

I see both "Mythic Babylon is a role-playing supplement for the Mythras game system," ("supplement" implies that it needs the core book) but also a couple of iterations of "provides everything you need" / "contains everything you need" (implying it's standalone and doesn't need the core book).

(I am considering its potential as a gift, and want to know if it needs the core book for play)

C'es ne pas un .sig

13 minutes ago, g33k said:

Is Mythic Babylon a standalone product, or does it need the Mythras core book?

From here:
http://thedesignmechanism.com/store.php#!/Mythic-Babylon/p/367787033/category=24197109

I see both "Mythic Babylon is a role-playing supplement for the Mythras game system," ("supplement" implies that it needs the core book) but also a couple of iterations of "provides everything you need" / "contains everything you need" (implying it's standalone and doesn't need the core book).

(I am considering its potential as a gift, and want to know if it needs the core book for play)

It does need the core rules, yes. You could though, just use Mythras Imperative as the magic systems in Babylon are unique and self contained. But having the core rules would be an advantage.

22 minutes ago, lawrence.whitaker said:

It does need the core rules, yes. You could though, just use Mythras Imperative as the magic systems in Babylon are unique and self contained. But having the core rules would be an advantage.

That's an idea, thanks; one I hadn't actually considered, I'm embarassed to admit... even though "Try Mythras Imperative" is one of my go-to recommendations when people ask for "simpler" or "less crunch."

Hrmm...  MI uses 2AP as a fixed value, rather than deriving from INT+DEX; I see the clever use of the AP economy, and coordinating Actions between team-members to take advantage of the AP's of the entire group, as one of the nifty elements of Mythras; I presume Mythic Babylon follows the core rules in this, not MI's simpler 2AP method?

And IIRC there's a smaller list of combat SE's in MI?

Any other notable-at-the-table differences (in the Mythic Babylon context)?

And, I guess -- same questions for Mythic Polynesia!

(presuming it's advanced enough for you to know)

C'es ne pas un .sig