Any plans for a new printing/edition of the rulebook with full errata?

Mordante

On 11/18/2022 at 7:26 AM, Jeff said:

Lol, Jeff is having a FLEX on WotC, huh?Β πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Edited by Darius West
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Runeword

I found this topic. I would appreciate news around this as the core rulebook is quite disorganized and hard to follow at places. I found myself having trouble connecting the dots from time to time. It's not just about direct errata, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Runeword said:

I found this topic. I would appreciate news around this as the core rulebook is quite disorganized and hard to follow at places. I found myself having trouble connecting the dots from time to time. It's not just about direct errata, in my opinion.

I cannot say anything at this time. 🀐

• Like 6

On 2/29/2024 at 11:22 AM, Runeword said:

Fingers crossed. It's a decision that would make sense.

I reckon the timing is all about stock levels of the second printing, which I heard was quite large. They won't want to undercut demand for the current edition whilst it's still selling. If supplies drop, then we'll see a new run which I suspect will be more than just a few errata that got missed before the second printing.

So if you want a new edition, buy a spare copy of the current one!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Runeword
On 3/1/2024 at 9:24 PM, PhilHibbs said:

I reckon the timing is all about stock levels of the second printing, which I heard was quite large. They won't want to undercut demand for the current edition whilst it's still selling. If supplies drop, then we'll see a new run which I suspect will be more than just a few errata that got missed before the second printing.

So if you want a new edition, buy a spare copy of the current one!

You should apply to be their intern. With your diligent hands on β€œt” duty, I reckon there won’t even be a need to flush!

As for the actual content of your message, unfortunately I can’t quite disagree. πŸ˜‰

Β 

Edited by Runeword

3 hours ago, Bahntah said:

I found reading the RQ2 rulebook (available as PDF or POD) helped me understand RQG. It gives you the core of the system, and then you can appreciate the RQG bells and whistles on top.

Interesting, yes the main rulebook is a bit of a mammoth tome to digest all at once.

I guess that's what the Quickstart and Starter Set are for, but I haven't really read through them with that context in mind.

If you consider changes in the second printing, please do something with maps - they are hardly readable.

To my great disappointment, maps were seasoned with a nasty, too strong overprinted/multiplied background. If they were supposed to resemble used toilet paper, they do a great job.

I'm most disappointed with the Boldhome view/map because I really liked the preview - non-seasoned illustration was amazing.

Moreover, there are maps of Lunar Tarsh and Old Tarsh that dont differ too much; and map of Esrolia showing mostly lands to the north of Esrolia, i guess...

Edited by narsilion
  • Like 2

jar-eel_crimson_bat.png

The thing I would really pay again for is just a slimmer hardback book with all the stuff that overlaps with things published since taken out (sample characters, cults, spells, weapon lists, ...).

Β 

More of a 1.1 than a 1.0.4, but still...

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 3:52 PM, radmonger said:

The thing I would really pay again for is just a slimmer hardback book with all the stuff that overlaps with things published since taken out (sample characters, cults, spells, weapon lists, ...)

I can't see that ever happening.
The "core rulebook" from Chaosium needs to remain self-sufficient for new players (i.e.Β with the sample characters, cults, spells, weapon lists, ...)

If you own the PDF, I thinkΒ it's "fair use" for you to edit it down, and have a local print shop re-print/re-bind your newer, lighter book.

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 10:03 AM, Guest Runeword said:

It was lost.

• Like 1