Any plans for a new printing/edition of the rulebook with full errata?

Mordante

2 hours ago, Mordante said:

I'm working my way through the Q&A of well of daliath and am shocked by the amount of corrections to the book.

Are there any plans to release an edition with these corrections? I for one would consider buying this edition due to the sheer amount of changes.

I seriously doubt it (at least not any time soon).
Note that a non-trivial portion of the Q&A material consists of explanations/examples/etc that take much more space than the rule they are addressing.

A new printing incluiding all that would inevitably need to go back through a new layout process.  That's a much bigger deal than just fixing some typo's in the galleys and re-printing.

That said, I suppose a "RQGver1.1" isn't impossible (eventually).  No idea of Chaosium's thinking on that, however!

My suspicion is that they'd probably rather wait a respectable time, and then go back and generate a "RQGver2.0"

C'es ne pas un .sig

As a new GM to BRP-style systems, I originally bounced off RuneQuest Glorantha in 2018 because of the errata and confusing mix of RQ2/3/G language.

I thankfully came to my senses and it's my go-to system since 2020. My homemade Notion reference, the starter set and subsequent wiki are my favourite sources for rules now.

I would shell out for a Leatherette edition of the rulebook if it was updated. That would be amazing!

• Like 3

On 11/6/2022 at 4:20 PM, SachaGoat said:

As a new GM to BRP-style systems, I originally bounced off RuneQuest Glorantha in 2018 because of the errata and confusing mix of RQ2/3/G language.

I thankfully came to my senses and it's my go-to system since 2020. My homemade Notion reference, the starter set and subsequent wiki are my favourite sources for rules now.

I would shell out for a Leatherette edition of the rulebook if it was updated. That would be amazing!

Me too, I love the leatherettes. So pretty on my shelf.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2022 at 12:41 PM, Rick Meints said:

We want to do an updated rulebook (not a new edition) in the near future.  

I look forward to this very eagerly indeed!

Can you expand a bit upon what an "updated rulebook" would entail?

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 12:50 AM, g33k said:

I look forward to this very eagerly indeed!

Can you expand a bit upon what an "updated rulebook" would entail?

We have been faithfully recording omissions, errors, typos, poor wording, conflicting info, and similar in the core rulebook. That would be the primary focus of the revisions to the text. It would basically be a general cleanup with some fine tuning. 

• Like 6
  • Helpful 2
  • Thanks 4

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

1 minute ago, Rick Meints said:

We have been faithfully recording omissions, errors, typos, poor wording, conflicting info, and similar in the core rulebook. That would be the primary focus of the revisions to the text. It would basically be a general cleanup with some fine tuning. 

Wow!
OK, so there would likely be new layout-work needed, it sounds like!

That's the element I had expected you folks would be trying to avoid!

C'es ne pas un .sig

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Um, the list of errata is pretty short:

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/CHA4028-second-printing-corrections-1.0.1.pdf

For comparison - here's the DND 5e errata for the Players Handbook:
https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/PH-Errata.pdf

Think you  need a public accessible link for the first.

• Helpful 2

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

The corrections on The Well are far more extensive than the second printing corrections.

Have you somehow not understood what this thread is talking about?

59 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

Have you somehow not understood what this thread is talking about?

Maybe. I thought it was about a potential third printing. The "second printing corrections" document that I remember seeing was just the changes already in the second printing. And the OP explicitly mentions The Well.

Yeah, if this is the file that Jeff posted (that is 403 Forbidden):

...then that's the errata already in the book.

I'm pretty sure that this thread is about incorporating the changes in The Well into a new printing. Am I so far wrong? If so I can't see how I went astray.

@Mordante Can you clarify that that is what you are talking about? One of us is clearly confused.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 5

@PhilHibbsMy understanding was the same as yours.

Edit : after reading the errata file you provided, it seems to me some efforts are still required. If the only change yo 2-weapons fighting is this, it seems to me it's still not possible to understand how it's supposed to work just by reading the book.

Page 224: Two Weapon Use topic, first bullet changed to "...may use them for two attacks or attacking with one and parrying with the other, as desired."

Edited by Mugen

Just to limit some recent confusion:

Chaosium intends to update the current version of the RQG rulebook (second printing) with additional corrections, changes, and similar. The Well of Daliath is one such source for the additional changes we are going to be making beyond what was already done for the second printing. The second printing is called version 1.02, so you could probably call this "in the works" third version 1.03 or similar.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 3 months later...

On 11/19/2022 at 7:19 AM, Rick Meints said:

Just to limit some recent confusion:

Chaosium intends to update the current version of the RQG rulebook (second printing) with additional corrections, changes, and similar. The Well of Daliath is one such source for the additional changes we are going to be making beyond what was already done for the second printing. The second printing is called version 1.02, so you could probably call this "in the works" third version 1.03 or similar.

Hi Rick, forgive me poking but is the updated core something we can expect soon (say in the next 6 months?)

Just a thought, if this is going to be a thing - can the index be revised to show the main entry for each topic ? At present you just have a list of page numbers for every single mention of a topic, perhaps having one in bold for the main or core entry would be handy.

Also ( pretty please ) can Spirit Cults actually have an index entry....i know where it is now ,but  it was a faff trying to remember..until I did 😆

Edited by Agentorange
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 4

12 hours ago, Agentorange said:

Just a thought, if this is going to be a thing - can the index be revised to show the main entry for each topic ? At present you just have a list of page numbers for every single mention of a topic, perhaps having one in bold for the main or core entry would be handy.

https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/15637-improved-rqg-index

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1