The Mastery Rune

Soccercalle

My take is you gain a rating in it when you become a Rune Lord.  it is actually that rating gives you the rules benefits (easier divine intervention, etc) associated with being a rune lord. If you later gained more mastery rune rating, then you might get additional benefits. That's when people might start calling you a hero.

The Orlanth cult having the mastery rune means getting that initial mastery rating is a normal part of organised cult progression, with standardised rewards. Individuals from other cults might get to a similar end point by heroquesting. but they would be blazing their own trail.

The same principle applies to rune priest and the magic rune. And perhaps shamans and the spirit rune, and wizards and the Law rune?

11 hours ago, Akhôrahil said:

Is it planned for the Hero rules, then?

That it's what I read about. Mastery rune is key for Heroquesting and powers you get from it. There is a new character sheet just for that. CHA, POW, passions, Runes and mastery rune plus techniques. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 10:25 PM, kalidor said:

That it's what I read about. Mastery rune is key for Heroquesting and powers you get from it. There is a new character sheet just for that. CHA, POW, passions, Runes and mastery rune plus techniques. 

This character sheet is here, in sketch form.  More hints here and here. Follow the links in the article to Bryon's recording of the game and you'll hear Jeff explain the heroquesting rules (which were still a work-in-progress at the time so there might be tweaks by the time they are published). PM me if you want my notes.

Edited by Lordabdul
  • Thanks 2

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !