Gods of Glorantha Series Prices

svensson

1 hour ago, svensson said:

I've looked and have not found an MSRP for the God of Glorantha series of books.

Has that been announced yet?

No.

1 hour ago, svensson said:

if not do we have an ETA on that information?

I think the dates that Chaosium noted in their timeline for each release.

• Like 1

The online shop of Pegasus Spiele (Pegasus Press as distributor in germany, instead of Pegasus as publisher of RPG- and boardgames) has listed The Prospaedia with € 37,99, same price tag as "The Smoking Ruins", which is $ 37.99, so i assume $ = €: 

https://pegasusshop.de/sortiment/rollenspiele-buecher-comics/buecher/15981/runequest-cults-of-runequest-the-prosopaedia-hc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2023 at 2:08 AM, Russ Massey said:

Forbidden Planet is advertsing the first three Gods nooks as available from 31 May at £25.99 for The Lightbtingers and and £23.99 fpr thr Prosopedia and The Earth Goddess. RRPs are shown as £29.99 and $27.99. Is that release date accurate?

No.

• Helpful 2

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Enthar said:

I realize that just asking might push the date back a week, but any release date yet? Eager eyes wish to read and eager hands wish to hand over monies!

The first three books have been announced already (see first post here). July and August.

If this follows other releases, there will be a big push on release day. Probably with media being released on YouTube with full walk throughs of the books, possibly with new campaigns being run using the new cults and rules.

SDLeary

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jason Farrell said:

Why are there no reviews out there for the first two Cults books?  it was my understanding that copies of that book were given to some "influencers", but if they're not talking publicly about the books, who exactly are they influencing? 

1) I am not Chaosium.

2) Probably a review embargo. This is pretty standard practice in industries like video games and book publishing. You send out copies plenty early so people have time to consume the media, but you're not allowed to publish a review until after a certain date. That date is usually still before the release of the content - this is why we see a shitton of video game reviews like, the week or two weeks before a new title comes out. Breaking an embargo generally isn't "illegal," but it does mean you won't get advance review copies (ARCs) in the future.

3) There is a really good video review up of the Prosopaedia on OrcusDorkus's YouTube channel. IIRC the video uses a early-access copy purchased at Chaosium Con, which might be why it wouldn't be covered by an embargo - it's a legally purchased copy, not a free review copy. Again, not Chaosium, just speculating based on my Publishing Lore 30% skill.

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website