Hyalor Cult?

Ironwall

so my players clan are descendants of the Berennethtelli and are a clan of Accomplished horse breeders and i want to dive into that portion of the clans structure in some future adventures mainly through the cults of the horse goddess, and Hyalor but I have to ask about what a Hyalor cult would look like i imagine command horse as a rune spell but anything else? 

3 hours ago, metcalph said:

I think Hyalor is about capturing wild horses rather than breeding and riding them.  Command Horse seems to me a rather pointless spell otherwise.

I would imagine training already domestic horses is still in his domain

14 hours ago, Ironwall said:

so my players clan are descendants of the Berennethtelli and are a clan of Accomplished horse breeders and i want to dive into that portion of the clans structure in some future adventures mainly through the cults of the horse goddess, and Hyalor but I have to ask about what a Hyalor cult would look like i imagine command horse as a rune spell but anything else? 

Hyalor (and Hippoi) is a simple cult, worshipped only as an associate of Ernalda, Dendara, Yelm, and Yelmalio (or Elmal), dependant on culture. Gives access to Command Horse, Hippoi is also an associate giving Speak with Horses. Hippoi has different names in different cultures - Redaylda amongst the Orlanthi, La-ungariant/Arandayla amongst the Grazelanders and La-ungariant in Pent.

He's a culture hero - we ride horses and are the horse people

See: 

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

On 5/23/2023 at 8:17 PM, Ironwall said:

Hyalor is a very basic cult, in my opinion. It teaches the Ride (Horse) skill and Command Horse spell. You might want to give it some extra minor spells if you want it to be a more powerful cult. In my Hero Wars Cult Conversion, Beren has some nifty spells for riding, instead of Hyalor.

Description: Beren the Rider was a foreigner who came to the lands of the Vingkotlings during the Darkness. He won the heart of Redaylde, daughter of Vingkot, and became the father of the Berenethtelli Tribe.
Skills: Herd Horses, Horsemanship, Ride Horses, Train Horse,
Spirit Magic: Befriend Horse, Good Riding, Mobility,
Common Divine Magic:
Divine Magic: Become One With Horse, Rapid Charge, Speak To Horses, Sureshot,

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here