Hardcover Just Arrived

Narl

The nice mail lady just delivered my hard cover BRP rules. The book looks great and seems quite sturdy. The paper has a slight gloss finish that isn't shiny enough to be distracting.

I did a check for all the official errata from the wiki, and it is all included. :)

Nice work, Chaosium!

129/420

I received mine today and the book looks nice. I'm pleasantly surprised with the paper quality. As others have said, it's glossy without being shiny. The binding seems solid and I warrant the book will hold up with many years of use.

On the topic of errata, the text/examples of calculating special and critical successes (normal rounding) still doesn't match the results shown on the Skill Results Table (rounding up).

Good to hear this, and glad the errata is incorporated! I just got a note that my order has shipped as of today, so hopefully I'll have mine in a week (my wife plans to take control of the soft cover once I have my new hard cover....gotta talk her in to running something!)

It is a beautiful book. I bought it because even though I'm running MRQII at this point, I really like having all of BRP's rules in one place. And this is so much nicer than the softcover version (not that those weren't nice too).

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

My copy arrived last week, and overall it looks nice.

I was curious if anybody else had a copy with the same issue as mine. Pages 378-379, 382-383, 386-387, and 390-391 are all mis-printed. It looks as though the paper slipped in the press while they were doing the four-ups or something, which would explain why it's pairs of pages separated by a normal pair of pages.

It's not a big deal. I was just curious.

I was curious if anybody else had a copy with the same issue as mine. Pages 378-379, 382-383, 386-387, and 390-391 are all mis-printed. It looks as though the paper slipped in the press while they were doing the four-ups or something, which would explain why it's pairs of pages separated by a normal pair of pages.

Mine does not have that issue.

Not in my copy bought from Travelling Man York in the UK last week.

It's a printer's error so you should contact either the shop who sold it to you or Chaosium directly and they should replace it for you.

Cheers,

Nick

Mine is printed correctly.

Got mine, book is gorgeous. Trying to conspire how to tell my Pathfinder group that This Is What We Are Playing Now without causing a riot. Luckily I have a handful of dedicated BRP fans who I am gearing up my Greece campaign for (they also want an Old West game).

No misprints here.....book is very nice, high quality. I got the Cthulhu Invictus Companion at the same time, and bought Devil's Gulch at last the other day as well...good week!-- lots of reading and a sturdy rulebook to prep from.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine just arrived yesterday -- my wife caught be sniffing the new-game-book smell. I've now officially bought the same content 3 times: original BGB, the Fantasy Grounds ruleset, and now the hardcover. :) She doesn't need to know that though.

I'm heartened to see the BRP core alive and well!

Mine just arrived yesterday -- my wife caught be sniffing the new-game-book smell. I've now officially bought the same content 3 times: original BGB, the Fantasy Grounds ruleset, and now the hardcover. :) She doesn't need to know that though.

I'm heartened to see the BRP core alive and well!

Advanced Readers copy, Softback (albeit I got that complimentary from the play test...), PDF, Hardback... And EVERY game the BGB is derived from (and several of those in multiple editions and in some cases, multiple copies of individual editions). No, I'm not a BRP obsessive at all.

:D

Nick

Advanced Readers copy, Softback (albeit I got that complimentary from the play test...), PDF, Hardback... And EVERY game the BGB is derived from (and several of those in multiple editions and in some cases, multiple copies of individual editions). No, I'm not a BRP obsessive at all.

:D

Nick

I'm more or less the same. I don't have all the preceding games, but then I switched to MRQII for my current campaign, but still bought the hardcover BGB. I just don't want it to go into hibernation again.

Just got my hard cover BRP today.

Feels nice and solid! But does still contain errors, Flame Spell is still called Fire in the description, Ride is still a Communication skill rather than Physical and Defense is still 5% rather than the recommended 1%.

Always room for improvement I guess :) Still, I'm happy with it.

Mr Jealousy has returned to reality!