Nochet: Queen of Cities - NOW ON SALE!

jajagappa

So we are looking for reasons the Caprati do not like trolls. We are not saying they do so but wish to create this dislike if they do not. Maybe they just don't like nonhumans? Would that include Agimori or they human enough?

Besides they are blamed when any caravan gets raided going north from Karse to Sartar what else might be a reason the Caprati? Is the family against them traditionally out west and so they brought their dislike with them when coming east?

Also in the Beyond the Building Wall the statement that they'd hire nonhumans as a last resort gives the impression they are not liking trolls... 

1 hour ago, Erol of Backford said:

So we are looking for reasons the Caprati do not like trolls. We are not saying they do so but wish to create this dislike if they do not. Maybe they just don't like nonhumans? Would that include Agimori or they human enough?

Besides they are blamed when any caravan gets raided going north from Karse to Sartar what else might be a reason the Caprati? Is the family against them traditionally out west and so they brought their dislike with them when coming east?

Also in the Beyond the Building Wall the statement that they'd hire nonhumans as a last resort gives the impression they are not liking trolls... 

Sound like questions for a new thread. 🙂 

18 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

p.188 What are the Three Contests?

Check the Guide p.414, Duke Porfain of the Roses: 

a game of katurang (a two player board game similar to chess), a duel, and a riddling contest.

These were used to settle the question of naval domination in the Quinpolic League a generation before (i.e. when Dormal brought the new magic of the Opening). Pasos lost.

• Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Any update of the POD release, maybe for the Holidays?

Just got the notice that the proof print is printed and has been shipped today! Hopefully will have in hand by the end of the week, and if that looks good (fingers crossed), then it'll be a go! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

... it's still moving along on that path towards gold... 

Woot!
Congratulations!    I expect you'll have a surge of sales when Print becomes available (I will certainly be one!)

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• jajagappa changed the title to Nochet: Queen of Cities - NOW AVAILABLE IN PRINT!

Nice surprise!  When I flipped through the main Nochet book, coming off of reading your Imther book, I was the tiniest bit disappointed there weren't any cults or spells.  I thought, well, it's specifically about a city and the Imther book a wider region, and explained it to myself thusly.  Now I see that you had a plan for it all along.  😉

Btw, I appreciate the concientious pricing on this book.  $7.99 is kinda cheap for 124 pages, but I assume subsumed into that decision is the overlap between this and the mother book.  That price point makes it a total no brainer for me to pick it up, even if I already have a chunk of it.

Edited by Jason Farrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Farrell said:

Now I see that you had a plan for it all along.  😉

Btw, I appreciate the concientious pricing on this book.  $7.99 is kinda cheap for 124 pages, but I assume subsumed into that decision is the overlap between this and the mother book.  That price point makes it a total no brainer for me to pick it up, even if I already have a chunk of it.

The city guide is large as-is (for what I wanted to deliver with that), and looking to shoehorn in cults, etc. would have been really too much (and push the price higher - and well beyond budgets). So it stayed out, but I got nudged to think about a player's reference, and they naturally fit with that, so here they are!

I figured with some level of overlap of contents, I'd target the price in line with what was new. Makes it easier I think for new players to pick it up too and see if they like the setting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cassius said:

Great news ! It's what I waited to buy it. Let's go now !

Go for it! (And pick up a copy of the Nochet: Adventurer's Guide while you're at it! https://tinyurl.com/hs-nochet-adv-gd - gives you character creation for Nochet, new cults, Quick Character Background, and in-world maps!) 🙂

• Like 2