Will the art from the first three cults books be on Redbubble?

Squaredeal Sten

I note that the posters from the Furthest book (Jonstown Compendium) can already be purchased from Redbubbke.  But as of Sept. 12th, I don't see any of the art from the first three of the new cults books which Chaosium has published.  Maybe I just don't know how to search for them, but....

Will selections from that art be sold through Redbubble?

I had thought I already saw some of it advertised on redbubble ... ?  I'm almost certain the cover image from Prosopaedia, and one or more of the images of Orlanth... and Vinga?

But I can imagine Chaosium has some extra steps and/or delays, so it might trickle out slower.
I wouldn't expect they could just click a check-box to "publish all this art on RedBubble"

JC artists can just publish their own work, quickly & easily... smaller is faster!

C'es ne pas un .sig

The poster maps (etc.) from the Furthest book are sold via Simon Bray's personal RedBubble store, by special arrangement with Chaosium (he's a former Moon Design art director and a longstanding friend of the Chaosium principals):

I suggested to Rick Meints last month that it would make sense for Chaosium to sell the cover art from the new Cults of RuneQuest books via RedBubble, not least for the benefit of Premium Leatherette customers who wouldn't otherwise get to drool over it, and Julia Rawcliffe got the Prosopaedia cover up shortly thereafter; with any luck we'll see the Lightbringers, Earth Goddesses and the rest in the fullness of time.

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The best way to find new art in Chaosium's RedBubble store is to visit the store, click Explore designs, and make sure the drop-down filter for sort order is set to Newest. You'll find some lovely Prosopaedia internal art by Katrin Dirim at the top of the list, and if you scroll down you'll find the book's cover art.

(There are various "Collections" used to organise material, which you'll find in the Filters section to the left of the Shop products display, but I wouldn't bet on anything you're looking for landing up exactly where you'd expect it to be. We're not the Orderium, after all...)

image.png.329ff17b9b7c427efcf314a87a4bfaff.png

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

Very minor bonus: the Prosopaedia cover art at Redbubble shows edges of the image that aren't visible on the actual book, because they are within the wrapping margins (or whatever the right term is) at the edges of the cover. Extra mouse! Horned man nipple! Ocean waves! And even more Glamour!

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

Whenever I've ordered posters from RedBubble, they've come in sturdy poster tubes. (I usually go for big maps; if you're getting poky little art posters that could be different.)

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2023 at 2:29 AM, Nick Brooke said:

The best way to find new art in Chaosium's RedBubble store is to visit the store, click Explore designs, and make sure the drop-down filter for sort order is set to Newest. You'll find some lovely Prosopaedia internal art by Katrin Dirim at the top of the list, and if you scroll down you'll find the book's cover art.

(There are various "Collections" used to organise material, which you'll find in the Filters section to the left of the Shop products display, but I wouldn't bet on anything you're looking for landing up exactly where you'd expect it to be. We're not the Orderium, after all...)

image.png.329ff17b9b7c427efcf314a87a4bfaff.png

Nick,

Thanks for the search advice.  But when I am in the menu bar item Explore designs" the drop-down selection for "newest" is not displayed, or at least not obvious to me.  The Explore Designs entry has six items in the drop down: Esthetics, Animals and Nature, For you, Netflix fan art, Official flan art, and Pop culture.  So "new"t is not one of them.  It evidently displays differently for me than for you.

Trying other things - A search for "Chaosium newest' does not work , it yields " Nothing matches your search for "Chaosium Newest".

But Explore Designs/ Following does give me "New designs from people you follow  "  That is evidently a key to seeing some of the art I might want.  It does seem to require that I have previously followed the right artist(a).  Luckily Katrin Dirim is one of those. 

I've got to say that the current functions seem to disfavor new artists as a practical matter, even though i suspect Redbubble's 'for you' display is meant to equally feature all artists: It certainly doesn't seem very tailored to me personally.  Perhaps it's me as a viewer category, the abstract concept of me.

If Chaosium has any leverage with Redbubble, you might ask them to review and improve their search options so that "new" is a filter selectable under "Chaosium" when  the filters bar is displayed.

image.png.e72b7b4554fa0a03ddd5bf59c2af0c66.png

Look at my screenshot, Sten. I drew a red oval around the Explore Designs drop-down you’re meant to use. It’s  not the one at the top of the page, it’s the one that’s in the Chaosium store.

15 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

Look at my screenshot, Sten. I drew a red oval around the Explore Designs drop-down you’re meant to use. It’s  not the one at the top of the page, it’s the one that’s in the Chaosium store.

OK, "newest" is a drop down menu choice under Chaosium.

That drop-down also appears for individual artists.  I note that none of Loic Muzy's art for RuneQuest is on Redbubble, though some Cthulhu stuff is.  Nothing at all is identified with Agatha Pite.

Incidentally if you ever talk to Redbubble, the path to "follow" an artist is also non-obvious.

Well, i look forward to seeing more of the art from the cults books sold on Redbubble  in future months.  i will check back from time to time.