Visions of Myth

M Helsdon

3 minutes ago, littlewitchmaus said:

if the book gets a print version (fingers crossed!) will this material be included in it?

That *IS* the print version you're looking at.

Specifically, this is some of the selected artwork from Ships & Shores of Central Genertela, "done nice" and centering the art  (instead of the soucebook text).

...  Or so I understand it.  @M Helsdon is that a fair description?

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 minutes ago, g33k said:

That *IS* the print version you're looking at.

Specifically, this is some of the selected artwork from Ships & Shores of Central Genertela, "done nice" and centering the art  (instead of the soucebook text).

ah, sorry i was unclear (by 'print version' i meant one for 'ships & shores') and didn't realise that the work in 'visions of myth' was already in said 'ships & shores' book.

2 hours ago, littlewitchmaus said:

ah, sorry i was unclear (by 'print version' i meant one for 'ships & shores') and didn't realise that the work in 'visions of myth' was already in said 'ships & shores' book.

Gotcha!

FWIW, S&SoSG has hit the "Electrum Best Seller" category, which AFAIK is the POD'able threshold.
I suspect it is undergoing POD-prep now, but Martin (or maybe @Nick Brooke?) would be the folks who'd know.

I presume this separate art book would sell as a separate item; but @jajagappa reports the PDF is included with the S&SoSG PDF.

As it's an included item, I'm not sure how the "VoM" book could earn its own separate POD'ability status as an Electrum best-seller...?  Does it simply "inherit" that status from its parent volume...?  (I assume "premium color" would be the only option!  🥰 )

Edited by g33k
  • Like 3

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, littlewitchmaus said:

if the book gets a print version (fingers crossed!) will this material be included in it?

The artwork is already in Martin's Ships and Shores book (which is only in pdf status at the moment). For convenience, he's extracted Katrin's art into a separate pdf available as a bonus for those who have purchased Ships and Shores - and he did a very small print run of that pdf for charity benefit.

10 minutes ago, g33k said:

FWIW, S&SoSG has hit the "Electrum Best Seller" category, which AFAIK is the POD'able threshold.
I suspect it is undergoing POD-prep now

As Martin has noted elsewhere, not all art for the work is yet finished (only B&W line drawings for some pieces still), so until that's done you won't see a POD version.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

12 minutes ago, g33k said:

As it's an included item, I'm not sure how the "VoM" book could earn its own separate POD'ability status as an Electrum best-seller...?  Does it simply "inherit" that status from its parent volume...?

It would have to be sold separately as a distinct work. Bonus material is only available with the pdf version, and only in pdf or other electronic format.

• Helpful 2

7 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

It would have to be sold separately as a distinct work. Bonus material is only available with the pdf version, and only in pdf or other electronic format.

To quote Sir Homer Simpson, "Douh!!!"

...And thank you all for your help.

Edited by Oldskolgmr
  • Like 1

“Earning POD’ability” is always at Chaosium’s discretion. If one of Chaosium’s best-selling, award-winning community content authors, who’s a valuable contributor to the team, puts together a beautiful art-book that is illustrated by one of Chaosium’s favourite, award-winning artists, we are not going to insist on Electrum sales before approving a print edition.

And we will begin preparing “Ships & Shores” for print once it is complete. As you surely know, the digital edition is a work in progress, with several pieces of unfinished art. We aren’t going to rush this baby. It’ll be done when it’s done. And it’ll be worth the wait.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2023 at 3:09 AM, jajagappa said:

The pdf of it comes with Martin's Ships and Shores book: Ships and Shores of Southern Genertela

For printed copy, you need to get yourself quickly to Dragonmeet tomorrow morning.

The limited edition sold out quite quickly at Dragonmeet, yesterday. I arrived shortly after the trade halls opened and found Nick's stall. Proceeds for these books are going to the RNLI.

10 hours ago, g33k said:

Yes.

8 hours ago, g33k said:

Gotcha!

I suspect it is undergoing POD-prep now, but Martin (or maybe @Nick Brooke?) would be the folks who'd know.

I presume this separate art book would sell as a separate item; but @jajagappa reports the PDF is included with the S&SoSG PDF.

As it's an included item, I'm not sure how the "VoM" book could earn its own separate POD'ability status as an Electrum best-seller...?  Does it simply "inherit" that status from its parent volume...?  (I assume "premium color" would be the only option!  🥰 )

Ships & Shores is a Work in Progress as it was released (as requested) with some art outstanding. It can't become a POD until all the art is finished, and I can't say when that will be as it depends on the artist's schedule. He has commercial work in the queue.

A separate art book.... For the PDF, I would prefer people to buy the main book and then also gain access to the supplements.

8 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Which might be possible.

1 hour ago, Nick Brooke said:

“Earning POD’ability” is always at Chaosium’s discretion. If one of Chaosium’s best-selling, award-winning community content authors, who’s a valuable contributor to the team, puts together a beautiful art-book that is illustrated by one of Chaosium’s favourite, award-winning artists, we are not going to insist on Electrum sales before approving a print edition.

And we will begin preparing “Ships & Shores” for print once it is complete. As you surely know, the digital edition is a work in progress, with several pieces of unfinished art. We aren’t going to rush this baby. It’ll be done when it’s done. And it’ll be worth the wait.

Yes. I am grateful for Nick adding the booklet to the stock on his stall yesterday, and sorting out the donation to the RNLI.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

... Ships & Shores is a Work in Progress as it was released (as requested) with some art outstanding. It can't become a POD until all the art is finished, and I can't say when that will be ...

Apologies; I had (at one time) known you were WIP'ing this, and I thought it a very-good idea.
I had forgotten, however.  😞

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 1 month later...

Visions of Myth by Martin Helsdon and Katrin Dirim is now available in premium-quality hardcover and softcover print-on-demand editions from the Jonstown Compendium. Here's a handy link: tiny.cc/jc-visions.

And if you want a look inside, here's me showing you why you need to buy this incredibly beautiful artbook:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

On 1/9/2024 at 8:13 PM, jajagappa said:

Glittering post cards!!! Now I want those too! 😮 (And great video showing off Visions of Myth too!)

This is so true. I've already ordered the book, but now I need these postcards ...

• Like 2