BRP:UGE Animism/Spirt Magic System…

Hey all

thinking of using the new BRP with Mythic Britain from Design Mechanism. Wondering if anyone has created an animism system for the new BRP or has tried importing the RQ2, RQ3, or Mythas systems to BRP:UGE… Any changes that need to be made. Or thoughts…

thanks

I can't imagine there are too many changes. Spirits use 3 stats that are in brp. The skills are on their own. The only thing that I can think would be odd would be spirit combat, as brp doesn't use special effects. But it's not like it won't work alright. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Mythras Spirits as written tend to have high POW, so I suspect if resolving spirit combat via BRP's Resistance Table Stat vs Stat PCs are usually going to lose. Mythras spirit combat relies on opposed skills instead (which can be improved). With BRP Your Shaman/Druid would have to quickly amass a lot of POW or have a short career. RQ has some spells that cut the opposing spirit down to size so easier to take on using the Resistance Table - not sure if UGE has that

• Helpful 1

14 hours ago, Simulacrum said:

Mythras Spirits as written tend to have high POW, so I suspect if resolving spirit combat via BRP's Resistance Table Stat vs Stat PCs are usually going to lose.

I guess I can take a look at that and set the spirits POW to 1/2 or 3/4 of the Mythras listed values.

I like the system presented in Mythic Britain for druids so I'd like to keep as much of the Mythras version of Animism as written. Will try a deep dive into it over the weekend. 

On 6/14/2024 at 1:17 AM, RosenMcStern said:

Apart from spirit cults in RQ:AiG, you have a good ruleset for shamanism in our Wind on the Steppes supplement for BRP. Alas, it is out of print. We plan to release it again this year undr the ORC, but I cannot give you an ETA.

Will there be an effort to adjust WotS to fit the (admittedly minor) changes to BRP:UGE?

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 6/14/2024 at 3:17 AM, RosenMcStern said:

Apart from spirit cults in RQ:AiG, you have a good ruleset for shamanism in our Wind on the Steppes supplement for BRP. Alas, it is out of print. We plan to release it again this year undr the ORC, but I cannot give you an ETA.

Wow, let’s be frank…. Your stuff is incredible - despite being hard to get. And now some of it is being published again? That’s an insta-buy for me!

If you can say, what else is in the pipeline?

Edited by rsanford
  • Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

On 6/13/2024 at 2:20 AM, mal said:

Wondering if anyone has created an animism system for the new BRP or has tried importing the RQ2, RQ3, (...)

People keep talking about the "new" BRP, but it's really the same game system as the one Chaosium used in the 80s, with a few more options.

9 hours ago, Mugen said:

People keep talking about the "new" BRP, but it's really the same game system as the one Chaosium used in the 80s, with a few more options.

"New" BRP = The most recent edition, including any edits that have been adopted since its first publication.  Certain issues of numerical scaling among them.

!i!

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green