[BRP Combat] Gollum vs. Yoda

seneschal

Gollum vs. Yoda  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Gollum vs. Yoda

• Gollum -- "Is it tasty, my precious? Is it scrumptiously crunchable?"
    • Yoda -- "A great warrior seek you? Hmph! Wars not make one great."
    • Forget these guys. Give us Princess Leia vs. Lady Arwen!

Since we have an (apparently endless) ongoing discussion of BRP combat options, let's put them to practical use:

Gollum (Lord of the Rings) vs. Yoda (Star Wars). It's the master of stealth and assassination versus the master of the Force. Both are short, wrinkled guys, hundreds of years old, who talk funny, have arcane powers, prefer damp living quarters, and routinely take out opponents much bigger and brawnier than they are. Both are cunning. Both have preternaturally sharp senses. Both possess insane merchandizing licenses and are honored by action figures, trading cards, McDonald's toys, etc.

Who wins? And how, specifically employing BRP combat maneuvers?

;D

LOL!

Yoda. His facility with the Force negates Gollum's stealth, and let's face it Gollum can;t hold his own against Sam or Frodo in a head on fight. Against Yoda it would be like jumping on a blender. It's not even a contest. Yoda was the Jedi who didn't get ambushed by his Clones.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

I chose option number three, and I think you should throw in a large tub full of jello. I'd pay for tickets. ;t)

Whoa! Nobody mentioned Jello. Can I change my vote?

BTW, does anybody have the spot rules for jello?

Guest Vile Traveller

I believe jello induces penalites for fighting prone. Both opponents are affected, but the upside is it prolongs the combat. Use of hit location rules is absolutely required.

ouch...

ouch...

that hurts..

It could get a lot worse. Practically any comment is in danger of being interpreted as something far, far worse. I typed up a PG rated joke, but then spotted a R-rated double entendre in, edited, and then spotted a borderline X-rated double entendre, and had to delete the entire message.

Hey! I don't want to combat Yoda! I have no chance to win... Especially since I lost my ring...

:)

OMG! Yoda is Gollum. He survived the destruction of the ring, and reformed. That's why he knows so much about temptation and the dark side, and why he lived so long.

Ack! Now Peter Jackson will want to direct the Yoda prequel series for George Lucas. Everybody make a SAN roll.

I already lost all of my SAN by even contemplating the horror of a series featuring "Young Yoda". Young Obi-wan was already enough for me.

If it still horrifies you, you still got some SAN left.

I wouldn't mind the idea of a young Yoda or Obi-wan series, if they were done well. There is certainly potential in the characters. The problem is, judging from the prequel series, it wouldn't be done well, it would just look gorgeous.

... judging from the prequel series, it wouldn't be done well, it would just look gorgeous.

Sadly, these goals seem somewhat mutually exclusive these days, unless the movie you are going for is or has one of the Avengers (NO Not Patrick MacNee or Diana Rigg, not that Avengers) characters in it.

SDLeary

Yeah. THat holds true for other areas too, such as RPGing. Very pretty games with full color layouts and fantastic art tend to be poorly written. The flash is there as a distraction, rather than an enhancement.