City of Heroes BRP

Fergo113

Hi, just a short one to let you all know I have posted in the Downloads sections a copy of a play testing version of my BRP take on the City Of Heroes superheroes universe. It’s in two parts as the original file wouldn't load as a single document.

Also I have put in the downloads section a half dozen versions of character sheets that can be used for CoH. There are male and female hero versions plus ones with hit locations and ones without.

If your not familiar with CoH, its a MMO game world and a great setting for superhero game play. Do a Google search for ParagonWiki to get more info on it.

You will need a copy of the new BRP rulebook, but I take it that it will soon be a given that people will soon have this in abundance (only a few days to go now!).

I'm still working to convert my Middle-earth project over to BRP and that's proving a monster of a task :( but well worth while. My RPG group hasn't play tested this yet, so hope it all makes sense. It still requires a good deal of proof reading and checking for consistency. Hope you enjoy.

Ah, bring back Superworld...sigh ;-(

Very nice, I would pay money for something like this.

With your layout skills have you thought about doing a BRP Monograph?

That's going to be the real sticker for me when I get to the layout stage of Chaos & Catacombs as I only know how to use Word.

Anyway, get that Middle Earth book done, I'm excited now.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

COH is my favorite MMO... but it always frustrated me that the format put restrictions on fleshing out some of the really interesting elements of the game... the various factions and settings.

I'm not a big fan of superhero comics but COH really got under my skin with parts of it's backstory and the various ongoing developments.

Thanks a bunch for writing this up!

Very nice, I would pay money for something like this.

With your layout skills have you thought about doing a BRP Monograph?

That's going to be the real sticker for me when I get to the layout stage of Chaos & Catacombs as I only know how to use Word.

Anyway, get that Middle Earth book done, I'm excited now.

Rod

You can thank good old Microsoft 2007 for the quality of the product :thumb:

As for Middle Earth, its undergoing a major re-write given the new BRP ruleset. Basically though I chucking out half the stuff as I no longer need to write rules on skills and creating a character etc. I'll be focusing over the new few months on the cultural backgrounds, creatures of Middle-earth and the magic of Middle-earth so I'll be adding this one chapter by chapter.;)

As for CoH, I still want to finish an intro adventure, write a guide to Paragon CIty and complete the City of Villains versions of the character sheets for the game. I haven't playtested it all yet, so if anyone does give it a go, please feel free to give me feedback on what works, what doesn't work, what's missing and what you would like to see added.

Thanks for the positive feedback though. :)

• 2 months later...

The City of Heroes pdf have now been uploaded as a single 8 Mb file. :thumb:

SGL.

Thanks Trifletraxor. :thumb:

For those of you interested, this CoH single pdf has been checked to update it to the final version of the BRP rulebook and had all errata (that I could find) fixed. :)

It replaces the two previous files that were origionally parts 1 & 2 of the City of Heores Quickplay Pack. This file is tagged as 'Final version'.

Cheers

Fergo113

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Trifletraxor. :thumb:

For those of you interested, this CoH single pdf has been checked to update it to the final version of the BRP rulebook and had all errata (that I could find) fixed. :)

It replaces the two previous files that were origionally parts 1 & 2 of the City of Heores Quickplay Pack. This file is tagged as 'Final version'.

Cheers

Fergo113

Where can I find the downloadable version of CoH?

OK, after about three days of trying, I finally got it to download...stupid internet.

WOW, fantastic job. If I could give one critique...a printer friendly version...I don't think I have that much blue ink :(

Other than that, I want to say "thank you"! I appreciate it very much. Now if I could only find some NATO guy to play BRP with....that speaks english...I'd be set!

-STS

If I could give one critique...a printer friendly version...I don't think I have that much blue ink :(

Other than that, I want to say "thank you"! I appreciate it very much.

Lol, yeah good point Slade, I'll remember that in future and see if I can do a B&W version sometime. I do intend to do some adventures for this and add a few Villains character sheets but right now the ME-BRP project is taking up most of my time, so it will be a while yet before I get around to it.

There is a pdf version of Eden Studios 'City of Heroes quickplay rpg' that has a scenario in it, if your after an idea or two for a scenario. This is what gave me the idea to do a BRP version (that and Superworld ;-(... come back Superworld... we miss you!!!). It was done around 2005 and is free at Drivethrurpg.com.

Since then, Eden Studios has sat on its fat dairy-air and done nothing to make the full version of the rpg. When BRP came out, I decided to give a BRP version of CoH a shot, based on the idea of a "quickplay" set of rules like the Eden Studios game. It kind of snowballed from there. :thumb:

I'd like to hear if anyone has given the CoH BRP game a go and get some playtesting feedback as I haven't had any time to playtest it with my rpg mates.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...