Guide to Glorantha Group Read Week 9 - Sartar

Edited by David Scott
  • Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Oh my, we shouldn't leave these threads empty.

Sartar is probably the most familiar place to me beforehand due to vast amount of material published (and read). There is King of Dragon Pass and King of Sartar. If I understood correctly they don't have really much connections. But they both woo the Feathered Horse Queen?

The apotheosis picture is powerful and depicts quite nicely how it might look in Boldhome: Mountains everywhere around you. But what's with the ram heads?

1 hour ago, jrutila said:

There is King of Dragon Pass and King of Sartar. If I understood correctly they don't have really much connections. But they both woo the Feathered Horse Queen?

The King of Dragon Pass is a title that you get if you marry the Feathered Horse Queen.  Thus Sartar was wooing her in order to become King of Dragon Pass when he was already Prince of Sartar.

• Like 1

The information about Jomes Wulf given in the Guide is different to that in the Coming Storm. In the Guide,  "He is a devotee of Pole Star, the Divine Moon Hunter, and of the Seven Mothers." But in The Coming Storm, he is an initiate only, and of Pole Star and Orogeria, but not Seven Mothers. 

17 minutes ago, davecake said:

I did not know that Cragspider was originally a dark troll. She was already a Demi-goddess at the Dawn. At what point did a dark troll become an immortal goddess? Her sub-cult writeup in Troll Gods has no info either. 

Everything comes and goes. Perhaps there's an implied "current" Cragspider there -- the ritual position of Witch Nymph of Cliffhome is as much title as person.

singer sing me a given

The distinction between Dark Troll and Darkness Spirit, particularly in the underworld, is not always as concrete as humans naturally think it should be. To further cloud things, Cragspider may be the only being in existence that actually knows her true origins, and she's under no obligation to tell the same tale about it twice.

For my part, I don't believe that she is a Heroquestor posing as herself, but I have no plans to publish anything that would directly contradict that possibility.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, boztakang said:

The distinction between Dark Troll and Darkness Spirit, particularly in the underworld, is not always as concrete as humans naturally think it should be. To further cloud things, Cragspider may be the only being in existence that actually knows her true origins, and she's under no obligation to tell the same tale about it twice.

Actually, the burnt trolls aka Dark Trolls or Uzko have been hurt in their ability to attain other shapes of Darkness through their (Lamarckian-inherited) fire damage when Bijiif invaded Wonderhome. Uzuz are much more flexible in this regard.

I wonder whether an Uzuz can address the Curse of Kin - the uzuz bear the curse of giving birth to the dark trolls rather than the mistress race. I don't think that uzuz give birth to trollkin (unless you count twin births of dark trolls).

3 hours ago, boztakang said:

For my part, I don't believe that she is a Heroquestor posing as herself, but I have no plans to publish anything that would directly contradict that possibility.

She somehow achieved the impossible and mastered fire, the source of the hurt of her kind, and made herself an avatar of Arachne Solara.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis