Wyrms Footnotes Returns!

MOB

Wyrms Footnotes is Chaosium’s House Magazine for Greg Stafford’s World of Glorantha. Fourteen issues were published between 1976 - 1983. After a (mere) 29 year hiatus, Wyrms Footnotes returned in 2012 with issue #15, produced by Moon Design Publications. In 2017, Wyrms Footnotes is back again as the Chaosium House magazine for Glorantha!

Guest editors of the next three issues are Ian Cooper (#16), David Scott (#17) and Sarah Newton (#18).

More details here: https://www.chaosium.com/blog/wyrms-footnotes-returns/

screen-shot-2017-09-06-at-9.58.52-am.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

Great!

And by the way, even crude pdf would be nice for old issues!

Agreed!  100% with you.   However ...

I believe (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) that the original WF's contents aren't available for re-release because the original authors would each need to be contacted for permission;  the overhead in man-hours / etc is simply untenable.  "First publication" rights was a common practice, and explicitly disallows such a re-release.

Edited by g33k
Agreed!
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Any planned publication timescale? The article says that WF is back for 2017, but does that really mean for publication? If Chaosium have already got all the content for the first issue lined up then, sure, but if the soliciting for content includes the first new issue, then I can't see 2017 being realistic. Anyway, it's great news that it's going to be back.

On 9/6/2017 at 6:43 AM, g33k said:

Agreed!  100% with you.   However ...

I believe (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) that the original WF's contents aren't available for re-release because the original authors would each need to be contacted for permission;  the overhead in man-hours / etc is simply untenable.  "First publication" rights was a common practice, and explicitly disallows such a re-release.

How about Wyrm's Footprints 2, with content from those authors who do agree?  I doubt there'd be all that much time lost, let alone wasted, in attempting to contact them.*

* - especially considering that half of them seem to work or have worked for or with Chaosium... :D

Edited by Yelm's Light
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Yelm's Light said:

How about Wyrm's Footprints 2, with content from those authors who do agree?

It would probably be easier to see if there is old, interesting content to bring forward which has not yet seen reprint (and where authors can be found) and add into one of the upcoming Wyrm's Footnote issues.

A lot of the particularly useful WF content is already in the Glorantha Sourcebook (e.g. the Theogony, the Redline History).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Martin said:

What are the themes for each of these coming issues?

We are still at the planning stages at the moment, organising what regular columns we'll have and looking at submissions. There will be more info as we progress further.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/