d100 Mechanics for Martial Arts / Historical Deseases

Ahti2

Hi!

I'm working in a time-traveleres scenario, and I'm looking extended rules about these two issues:
- A system for various Martial Arts o similar fighting skills (karate, kung fu, boxing...)
- A list of historical diseases (bunonic plague, yellow fever, tiphus, etc)

I'll use specifically the Mythras rules, but all other d100 rules (MRQ, Legend, Openquest, BRP, Chaosium's RQ, Call of Cthulhu, etc.) are welcome.

The BRP Golden Book contains a good section of grappling effects, but I need more detail and a specific fighting style (i.e. Greco-Roman wrestling)

I know some examples of deseases from Mythic Rome (Mythras), and the core book of the spanish RPG "Aquelarre". I've been informed of some examples in "Merry England" too.

Do you know a supplement book, a section of a core book, with these kind of rules?

Thank you.

Oh, that's nice. I've been reading quite a lot on the history of medicine lately and it's fascinating how many strange diseases there are, but also humanity's ability to make them worse with treatment. (Blood letting comes to mind, but that's actually one of the medieval practices that a doctor's used on me some years ago). 

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

On 11/7/2017 at 11:08 AM, Ahti2 said:

Hi!

I'm working in a time-traveleres scenario, and I'm looking extended rules about these two issues:
- A system for various Martial Arts o similar fighting skills (karate, kung fu, boxing...)
- A list of historical diseases (bunonic plague, yellow fever, tiphus, etc)

I'll use specifically the Mythras rules, but all other d100 rules (MRQ, Legend, Openquest, BRP, Chaosium's RQ, Call of Cthulhu, etc.) are welcome.

The BRP Golden Book contains a good section of grappling effects, but I need more detail and a specific fighting style (i.e. Greco-Roman wrestling)

I know some examples of deseases from Mythic Rome (Mythras), and the core book of the spanish RPG "Aquelarre". I've been informed of some examples in "Merry England" too.

Do you know a supplement book, a section of a core book, with these kind of rules?

Thank you.

Merrie England:Robyn Hode for Revolution d100 has a number of real life diseases, notable for being able to die from diarrhoea. What I did for those was to take a disease, break it down to its symptoms and then map them back to the RD100 rules. It seemed to work well. The same approach could be used with pretty much any disease, although you might need to add some new symptoms.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 11/11/2017 at 7:10 AM, soltakss said:

... notable for being able to die from diarrhoea....

Actually, that's still a 21st.C issue, by way of dehydration.  If the body systems are so messed up that the bowels are filling with water (and emptying) it can be tough to keep hydrated; and homeostasis gets compromised (which can quickly become fatal).

I have had a couple of doctors express worry over the years, about a couple of family members whose flu-like symptoms might have gone that direction...

So, yeah.  Disgusting as it is ...

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 11/15/2017 at 9:58 PM, g33k said:

Actually, that's still a 21st.C issue, by way of dehydration.  If the body systems are so messed up that the bowels are filling with water (and emptying) it can be tough to keep hydrated; and homeostasis gets compromised (which can quickly become fatal).

I have had a couple of doctors express worry over the years, about a couple of family members whose flu-like symptoms might have gone that direction...

So, yeah.  Disgusting as it is ...

Merrie England:Robyn Hode - Still relevant in the 21st Century! :)

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here