Cost of stuff in the new RQG

Noita

Will equipment be the same price as in previous RQ editions or will it be brought into line with HQ prices? I'm using the Pavis books as an example here. Everything costs less in the HQ edition with a single coin gaining more value.

I'm thinking of spell prices too.

24 minutes ago, Iskallor said:

Will equipment be the same price as in previous RQ editions or will it be brought into line with HQ prices? I'm using the Pavis books as an example here. Everything costs less in the HQ edition with a single coin gaining more value.

I'm thinking of spell prices too.

ALL prices have been recalculated. Old RQ2 (and even worse was RQ3) adventurers had to carry around a Kings Ransom just to buy training or a spell.

The new RQ prices are now oriented towards 1 cow = 20 L as in HQ, but refined a lot further.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

The new RQ prices are now oriented towards 1 cow = 20 L as in HQ, but refined a lot further.

Hopefully there's a note about this in the previously mentioned rq2/3 conversion notes.  Some poor new dm is going to run the Sea Cave or Skrypens without editing and wreck their games economy if they don't throttle the loot severely.

Edited by styopa

4 hours ago, styopa said:

Hopefully there's a note about this in the previously mentioned rq2/3 conversion notes.  Some poor new dm is going to run the Sea Cave or Skrypens without editing and wreck their games economy if they don't throttle the loot severely.

yes under the Wealth section.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

4 hours ago, styopa said:

How many of us as newbies didn't Monty Haul our first few games :D it's tradition 

2 hours ago, Psullie said:

How many of us as newbies didn't Monty Haul our first few games :D it's tradition 

The Monty Haul of the Money Tree is what made it the perfect opening adventure for any RQ 3 campaign.  Just rolled up PCs were in dire need of better armor and a few spells.  Survivability improved greatly thanks to that adventure.

A classic weird RQ thing was that my players often complained that their 'wealth' was largely in training credit that they never had time to use (quite a few adventures had adventure sponsors giving the reward in training credit). Which reflected some very skewed economics. 

I much prefer the post-HQ era of wealth being measured primarily in cows. 

I hope prices are more reasonable in RQG. Now don't get me wrong, I love RQ2, but when it gets to a point where my character literally cannot carry all of his money needed to buy just a few 5% increases and a spell and still walk properly, we got a problem. And then there was the time when we sold my dragonnewt character's skin for a grand total of enough Lunars to learn healing 2.

1 hour ago, Richard S. said:

I hope prices are more reasonable in RQG. Now don't get me wrong, I love RQ2, but when it gets to a point where my character literally cannot carry all of his money needed to buy just a few 5% increases and a spell and still walk properly, we got a problem. And then there was the time when we sold my dragonnewt character's skin for a grand total of enough Lunars to learn healing 2.

I think that banking this is one of the unwritten uses of cults, someone also needs to hold ransoms in reserve and act as middlemen (for a fee obviously) for non-cult transactions. 

47 minutes ago, Psullie said:

I think that banking this is one of the unwritten uses of cults, someone also needs to hold ransoms in reserve and act as middlemen (for a fee obviously) for non-cult transactions. 

None of my players ever joined cults except for my brother. They did come up with something called the BoB though, the Bank of Boldhome, which for some reason had a branch in every single town in Sartar.

1 hour ago, Richard S. said:

None of my players ever joined cults except for my brother. They did come up with something called the BoB though, the Bank of Boldhome, which for some reason had a branch in every single town in Sartar.

RQ2 or RQ3? It was much more viable to go that way in 2 because Battle magic provided such as wide range of abilities, some of which were frankly pretty OP (Invisibility).

Simon Hibbs

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

14 minutes ago, simonh said:

RQ2 or RQ3? It was much more viable to go that way in 2 because Battle magic provided such as wide range of abilities, some of which were frankly pretty OP (Invisibility).

Simon Hibbs

2, It's the only version I own. And there weren't that many cult options available to us anyways because we only had the core book.

The pcs in my current game often get paid in spells, training and knowledge, especially when doing jobs for their Clan. Actual money is rare and Trade goods are used in bartering. When they find loot x amount of Lunars will always be in trade goods, which are carried on spare mounts and well, traded...

• Like 1