RQG Glorantha Bestiary Corrections Thread

MOB

9 hours ago, Jason Durall said:

Skills follow the same procedure as in the core rulebook... the "(XX)" value replaces the skill's base chance, and the "+XX%" is added to that. 

I don't think dwarves do from my reading cast replaces both cultural and profession skills where most elder races still have both, however this is a large assumption from me and just clearer sign posting would help.

As regards runes trolls are forced to take darkness as there highest rune, do they a get +10% bonus on it like a human would as a cultural bonus?

Elves get the plant rune do they get all of the  runes humans get or does, plant replace beast for elves (the way i would do it ), just a little more clarity.  

31 minutes ago, Jon Hunter said:

Elves get the plant rune do they get all of the  runes humans get or does, plant replace beast for elves (the way i would do it ), just a little more clarity.  

I seem to recall Jeff noting that was correct at some point.

1 hour ago, Jon Hunter said:

I don't think dwarves do from my reading cast replaces both cultural and profession skills where most elder races still have both, however this is a large assumption from me and just clearer sign posting would help.

As regards runes trolls are forced to take darkness as there highest rune, do they a get +10% bonus on it like a human would as a cultural bonus?

I think Plant replaces the Man's rune for Aldryami

p.25 Elf Bow, last line. Typo.

"If acts as a mere self bow for other elves."

Should be "It acts as a ..."

p.26 Children of the Forest and High King Elf's Cult Spirit Magic section makes reference to the spell "Food Song". I have yet to find it in either RQG or GB.

addendum: there's also the spell "Strengthening Enchantment" that is also as puzzling.

4 hours ago, jps said:

I think Plant replaces the Man's rune for Aldryami

I does not.

p.25 "Brown or green elf adventurers start with the Plant Rune at 75%, and the Man Rune at 25%"

It could have been clearer.

Edited by Romain

On 7/23/2018 at 5:47 PM, jongjom said:

Does the Bestiary mention if  Runes are already factored into the Creatures. For example, trolls don't get an extra +2 SIZ for having the Darkness Rune?

Or they can choose Charisma. I'm assuming that they do, humans get 3 extra stat points on top of the old RQ3 stat rolls, so it's only fair that Uz do as well. 

2 hours ago, Jon Hunter said:

Actually man and plant being the two runes that together define elves best.

IIRC, Jeff said that the Aldryami would be Man/Plant instead of Man/Beast; Trolls would be Man/Darkness instead.  Mostali would be ... Man/Stasis?

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 minutes ago, g33k said:

Trolls would be Man/Darkness instead.  Mostali would be ... Man/Stasis?

These seem unlikely as they don't produce a pair without breaking another set (Darkness is already in the Elemental set, Stasis in the Powers set)

According to Sorcery form runes are quite limited: Spirit, Man, Plant, Beast and Chaos. For Aldryami Plant/Man makes sense, for the rest (Mostali and Uz) I guess it would be Man/Beast (civilization versus wilderness) just like any human.

p.30 Creating a Centaur Adventurer. Spelling.

"They make take Elemental Runes as normal" should be "They may take"

p.32 Fox Women (animal form) Characteristics. Maths

CON 3D6 Avg. 13 Should be either 2D6+6 or 10-11. Conjecture: If 11 Hit Points is correct and considering the -2 HP for a SIZ 2 creature according to HP modifier table on p.9: the Fox Women animal form CON should be averaging 13 (13 (CON) - 2 (SIZ) = 11 HP) therefore the CON should be 2D6+6.

Edited by Romain
  • Like 1

The text for. Vrok hawk (large and powerful bird of prey) contradicts with its size (2d3) and the text it is small enough to have only one hit location. It would fit better the Great Vrok Hawk....

Edited by hkokko