elf sea creatures

galafrone

Hi all, i am mastering a Balazar campaign. For some reason my pc group will travel on the elf sea on board of a mostali small steamboat they found out.

In all the sources i found out the elf sea inhabited by "strange, dangerous creatures" but no mention of them actually

the only exception is the random encounter table in the Griffin Mountain Sourcebook. 

Anyone out here has more suggestions for me ?

thanks

tommy aka galafrone

37 minutes ago, Psullie said:

go wild, if it's strange and dangerous by Gloranthan standards then anything is possible. I recommend looking up actual deep sea creatures - pure nightmare fuel: frilled shark, toothfish, vampire squid, viperfish... 

where do i find stats for these beauties ? (if they exist, but i doubt it)

On 7/30/2018 at 7:20 PM, galafrone said:

where do i find stats for these beauties ? (if they exist, but i doubt it) 

Clear you doubt my friend, it exist ... Blue Elf, Murthoi [Murthalgus, sp] stats and description in RQ3 Glorantha Bestiary p17

image.thumb.png.f6957c02ee57fc6863df140ebbac6d24.png

cover by steve Purcell...of a dreadful carnivorous Moro, before they got enchanted by Elves and became vegans !

15 hours ago, MJ Sadique said:

.of a dreadful carnivorous Moro, before they got enchanted by Elves and became vegans

Not vegan. They are vegetarians that ritually eat meat and milk products at least once a week. Vegan and vegetarian are different terms. No elves involved, if you’re at Gen Con go and ask Greg. 

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

11 hours ago, David Scott said:

They are vegetarians that ritually eat meat and milk products at least once a week

Or, they're the same devious carnivores that they always were, because that's considerably more interesting.

• Like 1

"I want to decide who lives and who dies."

Bruce Probst

Melbourne, Australia

11 hours ago, David Scott said:

Not vegan. They are vegetarians that ritually eat meat and milk products at least once a week. Vegan and vegetarian are different terms. No elves involved, if you’re at Gen Con go and ask Greg. 

Sorry, I was just trolling XD but one question came to me .....do they drink human's milk ? or another beast's one ?

Plus, .... If I could be at Gen Con, I will ask Greg for a selfie and one vital question : which color his is shirt today ?*

*I'm sorry, I cannot stop myself XD

19 hours ago, MJ Sadique said:

Sorry, I was just trolling XD but one question came to me .....do they drink human's milk ? or another beast's one ?

Definitely not human milk, as that is only for babies and infants.

They drink Herd Man milk, as that is their own Herd Beast. They also frink the milk of other Herd Beasts, as Praxians keep herd Beats of different types, mainly for exchanging with captured Beasts of their own type. I think that all Praxians know how to tend and milk other Praxian Herd Beasts, as all are children of Eiritha, but they know more about their own Herd Beast type.

Sorry, forgot this wasn't the Praxian Thread ...

Edited by soltakss

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 7/30/2018 at 5:10 PM, galafrone said:

In all the sources i found out the elf sea inhabited by "strange, dangerous creatures" but no mention of them actually

the only exception is the random encounter table in the Griffin Mountain Sourcebook. 

Anyone out here has more suggestions for me ?

We had sea dragons, plesiosaurs, giant sharks, giant squid, giant octopi and that kind of thing. Sometimes, the boats were just grabbed by giant tentacles, with no idea of what they belonged to.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 1 year later...