Play a game and honor Greg Stafford

MOB

Next weekend on November 10th, Greg Stafford's family is holding a memorial celebration of his life in Berkeley CA. For the many, many gamers around the world who would love to attend but can't, or would like to commemorate and honor Greg's life and achievements, here's a way you can:

• Or play any game - as Greg said in his last public speech at the 2018 ENnies, the gaming industry only exists because of the enthusiasm and support of the fans. We at Chaosium recognize that countless RPG fans are fans (including us!) because of Greg Stafford and what he achieved.
  • Feel free to share an image of your game on social media or at here BRP Central, with the hashtag #WeAreAllUs. 
  • Show the "Greg Rune" (aka the Sartar Rune) in your post - copy and print the image here, or from Redbubble (all the Greg Rune images are currently available at cost, with no artist margin).

As one of the greatest game designers of all time; winner of too many awards to count; and a friend, mentor, guide, and inspiration to generations of gamers, Greg Stafford influenced the universe of tabletop gaming beyond measure. What better way to honor his legacy than getting your friends together and playing a game in remembrance of him!

1794307296_TheGregRune.png.9d31ae5d11e9c363de493274063bb4a4.png

Edited by MOB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

RL intervenes and the monthly game is put back 2 weeks, However Greg Staffords family asked people to play a game and include the Gregg rune. 
Honouring someones passing should not only be a solemn affair but should celebrate their life. I know this should be the 10th but we wont be recording again until the 18th.

With that in mind the old men present a short 1:30 bonus episode in which I submit to the glorantha influence of Greg one last time.

Thank you for 38 years of the old men adventuring in Glorantha Greg, you will be missed.

Greg Rune.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I have no face-to-face games, my online PbP games continue on.  My HeroQuest campaign is over 4+ years now, though the players have changed within that time.  My RQG campaign is well over a year now.  Thanks to those players who make these games happen, and thanks to Greg who inspired them in the first place!

GS-HQ.JPG

GS-RQ.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sadly I can't play this weekend, but I'll do it next weekend (hopefully). I did buy RQG in honour of Greg. I've played other BRP-related games over the years and RQ3 once or twice, but I had never been the GM, and, more importantly, never played in Glorantha. When RQG came out in June I was very tempted by it (I've had the Quickstart since it was available on a special day), but didn't make my mind up at the time. When he passed I told myself I would give it a go in his memory. I'm very pleased I did! Happy trails in the spirit world Greg!

greg.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great game of Runequest today, with the old french screen and the beginning of a campaign originally written for Herowars.

A lot of fun and many thoughts for the great shaman we miss so deeply !

Game played in Montreal, Canada. #WeAreAllUs

In Gregs honor.JPG

Edited by Humakti
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dedicated our session today to Greg Stafford and everything he did for tabletop RPGs.  We played Call of Cthulhu Down Darker Trails using a modified Runequest scenario called The Spiral Crypt.  The pics are before the game and in progress.

20181111_115527.jpg

20181111_160933.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I played Dragon Pass the other day and ran two games of Classic RQ; Into the Giant Lands from the Borderlands Campaign for the beginners and The Ghost Fort from Shadows of Pavis for the Veterans. After over 3 decades in Glorantha the Grand Shamans passing wasn't going unmarked on my watch. Vale Greg, so long and thanks for all the broo.

WeAReAllUs1.jpeg

WeAReAllUs2.jpeg

WeAreAllUs3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am so happy to see all these peaple honoring Greg's memory with their gaming. Unfortunately all my Chaosium games are storage all I have for games is what is on my PC,laptop and phone. I play both Stormfall games and Pirates of the Caribbean Tides of War and Celtic Heroes an actual Pagan Celtic Game on Google Play. I write games reviews on Google Play for such games. I gave all of these games a 5 star rating. I played all these games last night in honor of Gregg. I was not able to get his Rune to work on this phone. Sorry about that. I will try again later it is in my head if nothing else. I hope this thread stays up awhile it is a fitting tribute to his memory. I have so much stuff of memories of the Chaosium I knew going back to it's founding in 1975. I was there. I remember working with Greg on White Bear Red Moon and our ilfated work on The Tarot and Tree which was cut short when I went into the hospital for  a acute Asthma condition. I worked on Authur' Knights and he put my name on it and if I reall he may have put my name on White Bear Red Moon too. My name was on Pendragon misspelle. as Stephen Abbot instead of Stephen W. Abbott . I worked on Arkham Horror I think my name is there as well. I have over 40 years of memories knowing Greg in storage unit. Then there is our Shaman interest and his publishing of Shaman's Drum can I get back issues of it? What I have is in storage I can't get to it. Well I will keep reading these entries as long as they keep coming. I have not missed one entry on this thread. Take Care and Blessed Be what we Pagans say. AD(arch-druid) Stephen W. Abbott. I miss you my Shaman Brother. Peace! Peace! Peace!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• MOB unfeatured and unpinned this topic