Redrawn battle maps

Smokebadger

On 5/12/2019 at 11:55 PM, Smokebadger said:

This is the first map - Im working on others and ill upload them as my party gets through them.

Please note the disclaimer text on the map for more info.

Gringles pawnshop. for your enjoyment.

Gringles populated w doors disclaimer.png

Hi Smokebadger, have you managed to create Roll20 maps for any of the other Apple Lane locations (or even Apple Lane as a whole)?

17 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Hi Smokebadger, have you managed to create Roll20 maps for any of the other Apple Lane locations (or even Apple Lane as a whole)?

There's a bunch of maps like this on the Jonstown Compendium which I presume (but do not actually know) are the same creator. Same style at least.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

5 minutes ago, Smokebadger said:

No I only make maps for the scenarios my party are playing through. I use dungeon painter and illwinds creator to make the maps. 

Thanks for responding anyway.  That's a shame, they're really nice maps :(   

I'm not familiar with "illwinds creator" though and google doesn't reveal anything... what is that?

15 hours ago, Crel said:

There's a bunch of maps like this on the Jonstown Compendium which I presume (but do not actually know) are the same creator. Same style at least.

@Smokebadger

What is the story about the maps on DriveTruRPG, I am sure I saw one for the Tin Inn (posted here on page 1 of this thread) for $7 USD

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

As I understand it (please check the Jonstown Compendium forum for the details), you are free to reference any existing Chaosium runequest canon material, including character names etc.  Art is automatically the copywrite of the creator, but so long as you aren't simply copying someone else's art, YGMV.  I assume that means you can create you own maps referencing chaosium places, characters etc. and sell them on Drivethrurpg under the Johnstown Compendium arrangement...

@bill and @jerry. I don’t know I specifically asked for permission to share them on this forum and I had to add the disclaimer to each map but the ones on the Johnstown compendium don’t have the disclaimer on so legally I don’t know where they stand. 
They arnt my maps but it looks like they used similar software 

16 minutes ago, Smokebadger said:

@bill and @jerry. I don’t know I specifically asked for permission to share them on this forum and I had to add the disclaimer to each map but the ones on the Johnstown compendium don’t have the disclaimer on so legally I don’t know where they stand. 

@Smokebadger

I remember you not only being incredibly polite you were quite judicious about that, which is why I asked. Perhaps we might want to cast a summoning spell for the powers that be to have a look at those maps. MOB or Jeff might work, (similar to the failed ones you cast at jerry and I. but see the one i cast for your summons above The @ Smoikebadger above, but without a space). To make such a summons simply type shift 2 or @ and then type a name immediately after the @. It must be spelled correctly and in full so feel free to use the auto spell after the @ and remember, no space.

cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian

25 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

@Smokebadger

I remember you not only being incredibly polite you were quite judicious about that, which is why I asked. Perhaps we might want to cast a summoning spell for the powers that be to have a look at those maps. MOB or Jeff might work, (similar to the failed ones you cast at jerry and I. but see the one i cast for your summons above The @ Smoikebadger above, but without a space). To make such a summons simply type shift 2 or @ and then type a name immediately after the @. It must be spelled correctly and in full so feel free to use the auto spell after the @ and remember, no space.

cheers

I presume that @Chaosium (noting that without a proper username from the site, an @summoning is just another text-string) are keeping an eye on the JC content and enforcing a takedown against inappropriate content.

I looked at the maps offered there and thought they looked like an awfully small amount of game-usable content for the asking price.  Maybe there was something more than I saw, or maybe the seller just values their work differently.

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 minutes ago, g33k said:

I presume that @Chaosium (noting that without a proper username from the site, an @summoning is just another text-string) are keeping an eye on the JC content and enforcing a takedown against inappropriate content.

That would have been my guess.g33k, my problem is the value offered. Those things might just be stinking up the good efforts of our great authors and contributors of the compendium.. When I thought they were Smokebadgers  I said nothing but now.... Well we certainly do not have to summon the powers, They will eventually see this, maybe.

22 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

... my problem is the value offered. Those things might just be stinking up the good efforts of our great authors and contributors of the compendium...

I don't see that we can avoid this issue.  Low-value product is an inevitable consequence of a program like the JC... We may be a skilled and talented Tribe, overall, but every tribe has got its Awlredd the Awful...

At least those products appear to have reasonable quality (even if the content's a bit minimal for the price).  In time, I presume there will be some actually crappy product... some, "it's so bad, the author should have paid ME, to read this crap" product.  It's just the nature of the fan-content beast.

• Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/1/2021 at 2:18 PM, Smokebadger said:

Yes I agree but its all to do with the primitive layering , Ive got new versions and tools now , aka dungeondraft. Hope people have a use for it

They do! I'm just setting up in Roll20 to run Borderlands so this is great. Thanks for your hard work!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished a Condor crags battlemap , This time its all made up not copied from the older maps. Time to roll those climb rolls, The first using dungeon draft and FA asset packs. Im planning on making them make a set of climb rolls to move between the three levels,

1697227339_CondorCragsTagged.thumb.jpg.07988209b88f569f11d6d60b1151a9fc.jpg

Edited by Smokebadger
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...