Sign in to follow this  
two_fishes

Shamans in 13G?

It doesn't look like any of the 13G character classes translate Runequest shamans? Are there any 13th Age classes more generally that could be adapted to be something like a RQ shaman?

Not easily. You can see how you'd have to bang on the hell mother quite a bit to adapt her to a different type of shaman: that's at least as true for any of the other magical classes.

One of my PCs is actually going to be gaining shamanic abilities in the near future, which I'm treating as multiclassing to a bard variant ("songs" become spirits which you have limited control over, and which eventually escape back into the Spirit World) -- but I'm just using some animistic reflavoring, not trying to duplicate anything about what RQ (or HQ) shamans are supposed to do.

Nothing in 13th Age Glorantha or the 13th Age Rules really looks like a Shaman. Hell Mothers are the closest thing, with their control over Spirits, but it isn't really the same.