Shamans in 13G?

two_fishes

• 2 weeks later...

Not easily. You can see how you'd have to bang on the hell mother quite a bit to adapt her to a different type of shaman: that's at least as true for any of the other magical classes.

One of my PCs is actually going to be gaining shamanic abilities in the near future, which I'm treating as multiclassing to a bard variant ("songs" become spirits which you have limited control over, and which eventually escape back into the Spirit World) -- but I'm just using some animistic reflavoring, not trying to duplicate anything about what RQ (or HQ) shamans are supposed to do.

Nothing in 13th Age Glorantha or the 13th Age Rules really looks like a Shaman. Hell Mothers are the closest thing, with their control over Spirits, but it isn't really the same.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

• 1 month later...

One of my players in my current 13G campaign has what he refers to as "gaming ADHD", and he has shown an interest in Praxian shamans.  I did think that either the Hell Mother or maybe the Druid from 13 True Ways would do the job, but both are a lot of work.  The Hell Mother is probably the least work, having said that, because only the flavour really needs to be changed.  The game mechanics could remain the same.

Jeez, wait a minute... I think two-fishes is that player!  Hey, man.  LOL!  (Was it you who wanted to be a shaman?  I thought it was another player, who has already switched characters once on purpose.)

Edited by Kel M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have a player that want to play a Praxian Spirit Talker.  So I am thinking about how to offer a Assistant shaman of Waha

I think my take would be to bolt on the bound spirit of the Hell Mother as another talent.  

I was thinking for initiate you get the basic class feature and an adept then gets the Spirit Binder class Talent.

Then I think most combinations other than Shifter and to perhaps limit Summon spells to Earth could be workable.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Chekmx

Just now, Chekmx said:

If I ask how forth coming will I get a Chaosium style answer? 

Sometime in March, all being well, hopefully mid-March.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

4 hours ago, Chekmx said:

Do you have any more tidbits you could mention to wet our appetites?

6 new Classes. Also, rules to use 13AG-style Classes in QuestWorlds.

But, mainly conversion of 13AG Classes etc into RuneQuest terms to be used as Kewl Powerz.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I am going to run the Colymar campaign and intended to use 13g for combat and quest worlds rules  for backgrounds so both the new classes & the Questworld stuff should be of interest to me.  I shall look forward to its release.

I am still intending to do my version of a Shaman for 13th Age too, and put that on the JC. But I have no time frame for you. And my initial focus of Shamans (as a class conversion of Druid) will be Praxian, so probably not that helpful to a Colymar game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davecake said:

I am still intending to do my version of a Shaman for 13th Age too, and put that on the JC.

Plenty of room on the boat if you'd like to contribute. It would be a lump sum payment, of course, rather than a share of royalties.

On 3/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, davecake said:

I am still intending to do my version of a Shaman for 13th Age too, and put that on the JC. But I have no time frame for you. And my initial focus of Shamans (as a class conversion of Druid) will be Praxian, so probably not that helpful to a Colymar game. 

One of my players want to play a Praxian Spirit Talker, we will have to work out how he has attached himself to the Orlmarth clan but I am sure it will all make sense in the end.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/26/2023 at 1:59 PM, Zac said:

Simon was this project released?

Not yet, I've been far too busy with work, my Apprenticeship and other Jonstown Compendium work

On 3/1/2021 at 10:22 AM, Chekmx said:

If I ask how forth coming will I get a Chaosium style answer?

On 3/1/2021 at 10:24 AM, soltakss said:

Sometime in March, all being well, hopefully mid-March.

6 months later...

2 hours ago, soltakss said:

Not yet, I've been far too busy with work, my Apprenticeship and other Jonstown Compendium work

And now you see why Chaosium gives "Chaosium style" answers...
😉

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 hours ago, Zac said:

No worries. Just checking in to see if it was still a going concern 🙂

I have paid for lots of artwork for this, so I want to get it done. I just have so very little time nowadays.